SASS Wire Forum

Beretta 1873 Parts

Doc Cole 52765L

Does anyone know offhand if the parts for Uberti and Beretta 1873s are interchangeable? 

Thanks,

¹Doc

The Beretta's (who are Uberti) come with a factory short stroke, so the links/lifter are a bit different.  It's similar to the current "competition" model Uberti rifle that comes with a factory short stroke.

Everything else is a stock Uberti 73.

I love the factory short stroke in the Beretta.  I own two of them.  If you ever take the factory links and lifter out, please don't throw them away!

Thanks for the information.  I went from a competition maker’s ‘73 to the Beretta based advice from a top shooter in my area.  I had reliability issues with my rifle almost from the time I got it.  He said I tended to run my rifle hard like he did, and suggested I try this rifle.  I guess that comes from starting out on a Winchester ‘94.  

I like Ike the action on the Beretta, even though I liked the stock on my first rifle better.  I am trying to get back into shooting after taking a few years off, so was interested in what my potential options were if I want any work done later.

Doc

If it's a Renegade it was touted as having a factory short stroke.  Had a shotgun style buttstock rather than a crescent.

If the Renegade shortstroke is the same as the Uberti Short Stroke that was out some years back, it uses the stock lfter with the SS links but has a separate lever.  The levers on these were blued vs. case-colored.  So if you end up changing the SS kit, you might need a lever?  I put one of those Uberti links and lever in my .357 carbine and it works great.

I have the Renegade in .45LC..great  rifle fitted with a pioneer kit. [ FYI  ..this is the only ONE being used for cowboy in Australia..& only another 4 were imported by Beretta,don't know where they ended up...mine I bought back from a U.S.A  TRIP  ]

Is the Beretta name only on this rifle or was there others ?  Was the Renegade only 38/357 & .45LC !

Yes .... No.  The Rifles are Uberti.  Uberti parts will fit .. maybe .. it is not unusual for Uberti replacement parts to require a little fitting.  The factory Short Stroke is a combination of .... stuff.  The links are a copy of Pioneer Gunworks links, the Lifter Arm is OEM Uberti, and the Finger Lever is a copy of the C & I fourth generation SS with a different step.  To run well, the rifles with the Short Stroke will most likely need some springs changed out.  Replace the trigger safety spring, Replace or re-work the Lever side springs, Replace or re-work the Main Spring, Replace or re-work the Firing Pin return spring.  ALL of these spring changes also apply to ANY Uberti built Toggle Link rifle.

Archived