SASS Wire Forum

Deadwood fans

J-BAR #18287

5 hours ago, Dust'N Bottles said:

I kind of figured you had already been there so I didn't even mention them.  

BTW, listened to several Paul Cauthen tunes. He is certainly in my zone.

I knew I had heard "Everybody Walking This Land", prior. But like a lot of folks, I too, swore it was a Cash tune. Either very old, or not previously released, that I'd never heard. Unbelievable talent. Thanks

The movie is really good!!  I thought it was a little less DEADWOOD than much of the series, but it holds its own and more!!

It'll cost me $16.95 to get HBO, I think I'll pass and wait for it to come out in dvd!

Do they still make dvd's????:o

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It'll cost me $16.95 to get HBO, I think I'll pass and wait for it to come out in dvd!

Do they still make dvd's????:o

me too......

I only saw a few shows in the series and liked them despite the prolific profanity. I would have watched more, except we don't have the premium channels. I watched the movie last week; there was a free promotion on Direct. I liked it too. There was definitely a softer side of Al shown.

Hubby came in while I was watching and smirked at Bullock being portrayed as a pious man. Hubby said he'd hide when there were misdeeds happening. Boone May was one of the real heroes. There is/was a SASS shooter by that name. We met him at High Sierra when Rocky Meadows brought him. I decided that I need to read about the real Deadwood. If you want to also, here is an assumed accurate account co-authored by Hubby's GG Grandfather.  Hubby's alias is Jess Brown.   https://archive.org/stream/blackhillstrails00brow/blackhillstrails00brow_djvu.txt

You can buy the book at:

https://www.abebooks.com/book-search/title/the-black-hills-trails/author/jesse-brown-and-a-m-willard/

We have a first edition and a reprint. Hubby says it is difficult to read straight through and that it is better taken in small bites.

Archived