SASS Wire Forum

A Tesla Pickup

Yul Lose

15 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Maybe a Tesla pickup isn’t that far off.

EA79C461-6CE4-4760-8C0A-044EB22AF16A.png

I believe Nikola, Thor and other name brand competitors are all running electric trucks right now.

https://www.trucknews.com/equipment/spotlight-shines-on-nikola-at-first-ever-nikola-world/1003090876/

https://insideevs.com/photo/3979066/startup-thor-claims-it-will-drop-hammer-on-tesla-semi-with-its-own-electric-truck/

Here is the creepiest one yet.... no cab by Volvo.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2018/09/16/new-volvo-trucks-autonomous-semi-is-a-cabless-tractor-pod/#715507f7436c

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hybrid minivan is getting 54 mpg right now and charges at any electric station for about a buck. It’s got a small battery that only gets about 30 miles on pure electric....but when gas near seattle is 4 bucks a gallon it adds up.  Plus you get to park up front :)

picking up a new style ram this week...they have the ETorque motors to add like 1mpg and up to 100 pounds of torque or something but I read they are always broke with no parts to fix so avoiding that.

i had an 18 F150 and I will say the 2.7 eco boost was faster than the V8 by far plus like real world 22-23 mpg average.  It was a great engine...I’ve had the 3.5 and the 5.0 as well, I’d take the 2.7 unless needed the torque of the 3.5 but the 5.0 was my least favorite of the 3 performance wise.

40 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

My hybrid minivan is getting 54 mpg right now and charges at any electric station for about a buck. It’s got a small battery that only gets about 30 miles on pure electric....but when gas near seattle is 4 bucks a gallon it adds up.  Plus you get to park up front :)

picking up a new style ram this week...they have the ETorque motors to add like 1mpg and up to 100 pounds of torque or something but I read they are always broke with no parts to fix so avoiding that.

i had an 18 F150 and I will say the 2.7 eco boost was faster than the V8 by far plus like real world 22-23 mpg average.  It was a great engine...I’ve had the 3.5 and the 5.0 as well, I’d take the 2.7 unless needed the torque of the 3.5 but the 5.0 was my least favorite of the 3 performance wise.

Thats because it didn’t have two turbos feeding it. But a super charger on that 302 and it would shove both of those other pickups in the ditch. 

There is no replacement for cubic inch displacement.....

9 hours ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Thats because it didn’t have two turbos feeding it. But a super charger on that 302 and it would shove both of those other pickups in the ditch. 

There is no replacement for cubic inch displacement.....

That's why Ford is introducing a 7 liter gasoline engine in the pickups that real folks WORK with! <_<

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

If I had that kind of money to spend on a "hey, look at me" truck (and I don't), I'd spend it on one of these instead:

power-wagon.jpg

Without a doubt.

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

If I had that kind of money to spend on a "hey, look at me" truck (and I don't), I'd spend it on one of these instead:

power-wagon.jpg

Can you say "Man Truck".

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

power-wagon.jpg

There’s an outfit up in Wyoming, I believe that will stick a diesel and new transmission and undercarriage and lengthen the cab for us heftier folks for about $100,000.00 or so. Someday. There is a guy out here that has one and it is very cool.

19 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

There’s an outfit up in Wyoming, I believe that will stick a diesel and new transmission and undercarriage and lengthen the cab for us heftier folks for about $100,000.00 or so. Someday. There is a guy out here that has one and it is very cool.

If I were going to upgrade something on one, the first thing would be the brakes. Second would be the windshield wipers.

5 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

power-wagon.jpg

Me too{

2 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Yeah he’s been told that a time or two already. 

1 minute ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

Except this time he is the one saying it.

If you read the article, he’s said it before too. 

Archived