SASS Wire Forum

Military Passwords

Subdeacon Joe

16 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Image may contain: one or more people

And it would have to have 12 characters, capitals and lower case as well...:angry:

I worked for an agency that required military type passwords and you had to change them every month. Annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And it would have to have 12 characters, capitals and lower case as well...:angry:

I worked for an agency that required military type passwords and you had to change them every month. Annoying. 

Security experts now recommend something in the 30s.

i have maybe 50 that I have not written down and another 50 that I keep written down.  And nothing over 16 characters.

3 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Security experts no recommends something in the 30s.

Funny how electronics devices keep getting smaller, yet the passwords you need just to access them keep getting bigger... :huh:

12 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

when I was teaching 5th grade "they" (a subcommittee of 'them') required the same thing to get to our grade books;

so I went with

password09

password10

password11  i.e. password + numerical number of month (can you have a non-numerical number?   maybe   x + 4 = -6 )

"they" were happy and I could record my grades

3 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

How did you keep that many Roman numerals straight?:P

If the password was IX and the guard gave out IV the intruder had to respond with V.  :ph34r:

21 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Military Intelligence Service, translating documents, interviewing prisoners. They had to go to school to learn the Japanese words used in the military.

MIS = Military Intelligence Service.  How incredibly obvious.  Yet, I still, somehow, managed to miss it.  I guess I can skip sending them my resume.  :D

Move along, nothing to see here.

Angus

Archived