SASS Wire Forum

Gun safe inquiry

I have no experience with steelwater safes, 

if they do not pan out, you might try Sportsman Steel Safes http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/blog/best-gun-safe-reviews/

They are relatively close to you and make a good safe.

Duffield

A friend of mine has one in my garage. It is about 300 pounds heavier than my Champion of the same size. 42 wide and about 60 high thereabouts. The seal keeps falling off around the door is the only issue we've had so far. Shipping was free at the time so it was a pretty good deal.

I bought the electronic lock on the advice from my dealer.  First thing a robber will do is destroy your wheel.   If a combination tumbler it"s just locked up.  The electric will just fall off, but supposedly there will be a good chance you can retrieve the wire and reattach.  No attempts yet and no problems with it for 25+ yrs.    Sorry, but no experience with the brand of safe your asking about.     GW

Remember Gomez Addams safe combination?  :rolleyes:

"Two, Ten, Twelve - Eyes, Fingers, Toes!"  ^_^

2 hours ago, G W Wade said:

I bought the electronic lock on the advice from my dealer.  First thing a robber will do is destroy your wheel.   If a combination tumbler it"s just locked up.  The electric will just fall off, but supposedly there will be a good chance you can retrieve the wire and reattach.  No attempts yet and no problems with it for 25+ yrs.    Sorry, but no experience with the brand of safe your asking about.     GW

You should have done some research, instead of letting a salesman 'educate' you.

It called a 'relocker' and if the dial is destroyed. The safe still can't be opened.

https://www.libertysafe.com/8-relocker-devices-lm-4-p-67.html

OLG

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You should have done some research, instead of letting a salesman 'educate' you.

It called a 'relocker' and if the dial is destroyed. The safe still can't be opened.

https://www.libertysafe.com/8-relocker-devices-lm-4-p-67.html

OLG

Can"t argue because I just don"t know.  He claimed if my touch pad was ripped off he could just connect the wires to a new touch pad.    Just hope never have to find out      GW

As a locksmith, a relocker on a safe is a very good feature to have!  It's normally cheaper to have a locksmith come out and open/repair a safe that has been vandalized but not opened than it is to replace the contents of one that was opened.

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Can"t argue because I just don"t know.  He claimed if my touch pad was ripped off he could just connect the wires to a new touch pad.    Just hope never have to find out      GW

If that were correct-That makes an even a stronger argument against ele. combo locks.

The 'bad-guy' removes yours-hooks his up and opens the door....That is what you are saying. 

Locksmiths love ele combo locks. ;)

I have yet to see one that was not China made-:huh:

OLG

Good argument SIR.   But he would have to have the code.  Correct.  The lock operates on the code, the touch pads just enters the code.   P.S.  I do respect you views        GW

Archived