SASS Wire Forum

Small bore event

We all know that there are certain "parts" of our game that require the use of larger caliber firearms.

How about a sidematch, but please, not a category, that requires the use of smaller guns?   It would be a 10-10-4 event, but rifles and pistols would have to be .32 caliber or smaller, even .22's would be okay, and the shotgun a .410.   I think it could be fun.   Make it flexible.  Allow for the use of pocket pistols if folks don't have "full size" revolvers in the small calibers.   Variation is fun.

a great excuse to use the ones we keep in out accumulation and wish we could shoot in matches , 22s are a side passion for me - keep hoping my grandkids will warm to SASS 

I was thinking about doing something different at one of my monthly shoots. For a lack of a better name I'll all it a "Modern Cowboy" shoot. Basically the stages would be the same, but the firearms could be different. Ammunition still has to be lead bullets that can be fired in a revolver, SASS power factor applies, and no magnum ammunition. First the pistols must be revolvers in either single or double action. Any manually operated rifle, no semi's, in a pistol caliber only, and any shotgun, manually operated only, in any gauge. That would pretty much include .22 short, long, long rifle and up for pistol and rifle, any lever or pump rifle exposed hammer or not, and any shotgun single of double barrel with or without exposed hammer or ejectors, just no semi's. The purpose would be to have some fun with the regular folks, but also maybe let some new shooters give it a try without having to borrow firearms. Just a though....

On 5/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

I have the rifle and revolvers, but no .410 double.  Let me use a .410 pump and I’m in!

Model 42...?  :)

(Assuming there's no exposed hammer requirement!  ^_^)

Archived