SASS Wire Forum

Cell phone plan recommendations?

Calico Mary

Need a new cell phone plan...any advice?  Right now I'm on Verizon, but on someone else's plan...need to change that but not sure where to go...

Depends on what you need. I hardly ever use mine so Trackphone suits us fine.

I have been with Verizon with my personal phones for nearly 20 years. I have used Verizon, Sprint and AT&T for work phones and Verizon kicks butt on Sprint and AT&T.

If want the best coverage go with Verizon. If that isn’t important to you then pick a popular local provider. If you stay with Verizon you may be able to keep your existing number.

18 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I just got one through AAA.  They have a bunch of plans and are dirt cheap for members.

I'm very happy with AAA and quite satisfied with my new cell phone.

You have a cell phone?  And you’re satisfied with it?  Go back to the VA for another checkup, they missed something.

AT&T GoPhone  (now called Prepaid) you can still do 10 cents a minute ... If you buy 3 months at a time ($25 plus tax ... mine was always $27 and a few cents) the minutes roll over. My wife still uses the GoPhone plan ... If you already have a phone just pick up their chip.

I wanted data (cause I like to use Google Maps on the road etc and data is not a good deal on Prepaid) so I changed over to Mint last year. I get 3GB now and pay for a whole year at a time.  That came to $180 ... actually $192 w/ tax and is for the whole year. 

Definitely check out Mint - https://www.mintmobile.com/

I am different, of course, always have been “different”.  Anyway I have a corporate discount, otherwise ATT is nothing special.  When I travel I pay $10 a day if not in USA. I remove the SIM to avoid accidental uses , when I get to my destination I find a SIM store and say something like “нада сим Адины месяц». (Need sim one month) In whatever language is needed and put it into my phone.  The only time I need my USA SIM is if I need to authenticate a transaction online and the $10 is no big deal.

59 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You have a cell phone?  And you’re satisfied with it?  Go back to the VA for another checkup, they missed something.

Yeah.  I can make and receive calls on it, it has an address book sort of thingy with all my phone numbers in it and it takes messages.  It also takes pictures but I can't download them because I have a bare minimum of apps and that ain't one of them.  If i want to se them I have to start the phone, look, and turn t off when I'm done.

THAT'S satisfying.

Archived