SASS Wire Forum

My Buddy is Gone

Our pets become family, there's no doubt about it.

So very sorry for your loss. Taz will be waiting at the rainbow bridge. You can count on it.

I lost my miniature schnauzer Smokey  the same way. It’s tough to deal with Larsen. My best to you.

Well that just sucks. I'm sorry for your loss.

We have a 14 year old beagle mix that is going downhill a little every day. Summer maybe. We have a pretty spot picked out at our cabin to put her and our beagle Maggie.

Mom always said to not get a pup if you couldn't take the heartache at the end. True words.

Hey Larsen! Sorry to hear about Taz, I lost my buddy Jack not to long ago after 18 years so I know how it feels. Missed you at the Regional last year!

Larsen, 

Sorry for your loss, I know how our pets become like family after spending so much time in our lives. 

TB

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross the Rainbow bridge together!

Sorry to hear that Larsen felt that same way when we lost our Buzz. Take care pilgrim.

Larson, my heart goes out to you on this very sad occasion. We lost our little lifelong friend a few years back. My wife was working in the garden, weeding. She reached in to pull a weed and Mandy, our little Min Poodle raced in to take the strike of the Rattlesnake that would have certainly hit my wife. Mandy died in her arms while we race to town tying to find help. We have new K9 friends now, and they are just as loving. They pick me up when I am down and are always glad to see me and just be my friend. They are without doubt one of the Joys of my life. It will take a while to deal with the pain, but please get yourself another K9 companion. Don't try to replace the one you lost... let it be your new friend. 

Snakebite

When my hair was a lot darker, and I could get up in the morning without creaking like an old hinge, I used to hunt pheasants. Always had a Springer Spaniel on hand to do the dirty work. Had to say goodbye to the last one, Penny, in 2004. I was done and did not want to go through that again.

About three years later, my vet called me. Asked if I felt I was ready for another dog. I asked why, did he buy another boat?:P Well, he was always into a boat or two. He said he had a mutt (half German Shepard/half Golden Retriever) that needed a home. The couple he was with were moving and could not take him. They had been trying to give him away for weeks. He was 18 months old. He was destined for the Dog Pound, and would not live 10 days after that. What could I do?

We picked up Percy and he just turned 13 (around 92 for you and me) and he has been with us ever since. We know time is not on his side, but he has become an ambassador for the neighborhood. He get treats from the UPS guy, USPS lady, Fed Ex, Waste Management, and assorted neighbors. We are giving him the best life we can in his twilight years. So his diet is not exactly "veterinarian approved." He does get a cheeseburger and fries on his birthday. As long as he is not in pain, we bring him along when we can.

And that's exactly what you did. You gave your friend the best life you could, knowing that there would be that one day when you would wake up without him.

I read an article about where was the best place to bury such a good and loyal friend. The best place to bury a friend like this, is in the heart of his master.

And Taz is already there.

LDD

dang you are the third this month that lost a life friend i know of , i get real close to my friends family critters but have refrained from getting my own till i can spend the time with them they deserve , im sorry for your loss and feel the loss of my friends family because i also was close to them , 

I'm so sorry you lost your fur buddy. They are such a comfort and it sure looks like you cared for Taz. My prayers are with you.

I am very sorry for the loss of your canine companion of eighteen years.  Last November the misses & I lost our 11 year old golden retriever.  The loss of a companion animal without warning is a terrible emotional shock.  It has be easier to adjust to his absence; because, we still have his canine buddy Moose the doxidoor.   Moose misses playing tug of war, tennis ball keep away & wrestling.

Chiefs Pal 4 Life

Thanks to everyone for the replies and kind words.  I had never heard the Rainbow Bridge story before.  Yesterday I went to see A Dog's Journey.  It is the sequel to A Dog's Purpose with Dennis Quaid.  Many times during the movie all I could think about was the Rainbow Bridge.  And, of course, I cried several times during the movie.  I have placed several photos of Taz around the house so I can look at them when images of how I found him pop into my mind and I try to refocus on how he was.  I cannot believe how empty and quiet and lonely the house is without him.  Again, thank you all.

Larsen, we're sorry you lost your bud.  Our little buddies hold such a big space in our hearts, ya know?  Glad you have his photos around to help heal your heart.

Sassy 'n Windy

Larsen, Fannie and I are heartbroken for you, we know what it's like.  And more to come some day.  But we all have to cherish the good memories.  Like Lawman Dago Dom said, the best place to bury our furry friends is in our hearts.

Family takes all shapes and sizes. Taz was family. I'm so sorry for your loss and glad you decided to share it with your 'cowboy' family.  Most of us can understand your deep grief as well as your shock. I have a loaded rifle in my pantry waiting for that big coyote I saw in our back yard.  Perhaps I can help you 'get even'.  Witch Doctor

Archived