SASS Wire Forum

My Buddy is Gone

I do not post or shoot much anymore but I am so sad I couldn't think of anything else to do.  My little dog, Taz, was seventeen.  He was blind and pretty much deaf.  He sleeps in the house but still goes outside to use the toilet.  This morning he was not in the house.  I looked out the window and he had been killed by a coyote.  I am so crushed I do not know what to do.  Sorry for dumping this on the wire, but he was my best friend.  Back in his youth he won the costume contest at Founder's Ranch one year.

IMG_1054.jpg

I had a terrier that lived that long.  My vet said dogs don't live that long without exceptional care.  Obviously you cared for Taz quite well.  I remember Taz at Founders Ranch.  Yes, he was very cute.  :(

So sad for your loss Larsen. It's really hard to lose our fur kids. As OLG stated, your Buddy will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I say with blurred vision.

Sorry for your loss LEP. Just remember that Taz will be waiting for you on the other side on the day you arrive! Our condolences from myself and Moonshine Millie.

Hi Larsen:
Hurts my heart to hear this news.

So saddened when our best friend passes.

RIP Taz.

--Dawg

Seventeen years is good mileage for a pet, and thank you for taking good care of him.  Without good care Taz would not have lived that long.

Be open to the possibility of getting another companion.  You will know when the time is right.

I've missed your posts.  Hope you won't be a stranger on the Wire.

I am sorry for your loss, especially one so tragic. Our thoughts and prayers are with you with the wish you possibly can get over the loss and possibly consider a replacement to assist you to get over your loss. 

40 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Bummer, Larsen.

Do you happen to have a pic of his winning costume to share?

By the time Quigley took this photo he had wiggled out of his guns and one leg was out of his costume.  Still, he looked pretty good.

Scan.jpeg

I thought no pet could replace Piggy ( stray tuxedo cat, lovey, and talked in sentences), Touch Down (smooth collie) or Obie (diabetic, ginger, former feral).

Hubby didn't want anymore pets, due to our ages. However, just before Obie died, I got Francie (ginger cat, who had been in lockup, rescue, for 11 months). Then, I needed a more outgoing playful male kitten and we got Ziggy (tuxedo cat, AKA grumpy butt). Then, we got the two kittens.  Life is good. There will never be another Piggy, TD, or Obie; but these four kitties bring us much joy.

Larson, after having a pet for so long (Piggy lived to be 18), it is hard to think of a replacement; but, you will not be sorry.

Sorry, Larsen. They always take a piece of you with them. being taken by a 'yote makes it somewhat worse. bide your time and go find another companion, preferably one that needs a good home( our last acquisition is a pound pup, what a sweety):(:blush:

My heart sank when I read what happened. I am so sorry. You have my deepest condolences.

Mourn, remember the good times and look for another pup that will share it's love with you. 

Terrible. My sincere condolences.

A Cowboy's Dog

There's them that say
A cowboy's horse
Is always on his mind

That may be true
Makes sense of course
But maybe he can find

A little room for
Four more legs
And a pair of big brown eyes

A sloppy tongue