SASS Wire Forum

I did not blow myself up!

LostVaquero

I know some people probably wish that, but anyway I loaded up some 32 H&R with APP Shockley Gold Fffg.  I do not have dippers but used a nice conversion table off the Cutrich web site.  Figure right around .9cc - almost to the case mouth with a bit of room.

Once bullet was seated I know the powder had to be compressed a bit.

Tried a cylinder full in the single six and all went bangm(actually a pretty good pop).  No backed out primers.

Do not think I am quite ready for frontier cartridge Gunfighter but good enough maybe to have some fun at Tombstone Thunder.

If you visit APP's website, they advise only sight compression of the powder and warn further compression will result in increased pressure and erratic velocities.  I load my wife's .32 H&R mags per the manufacurer's instructions with reliable results.  You can load with 777 if you need knockdown loads.

I load .32 H&R mag cartridges with APP FFFg for my wife.  My dipper is a 9 mm Luger case glued to a popsicle stick.  It yields enough powder to be consistent with American Pioneer Powder's loading recommendation.  You can also contact APP for load recommendations for .32 H&R mag cases.

The .32 H&R mag case is dandy for FC.  Make smoke and have fun!

For 32 H&R I found that .9 cc scoop of APP FFFG is the max that will fill the case with a 100 gr bullet.  

For 32 S/W long the max is .7 cc scoop of APP FFFG. 

I load these for my son. He has shot both off these for black powder for the last couple of years in single sixes.  Always smooth, plenty of smoke.  

Archived