SASS Wire Forum

Can’t Help But Stare

Yul Lose

Dark glasses and a blind man's cane should work, no questions asked.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I read that Hooters is declining in popularity and closing stores.

Twin Peaks by comparison is doing rather well. Must be the wings at Hooters finally realized blandness or something. 

:o

When does it get creepy? Easy. Use the Daughter Rule. If a man, young or old were looking at your daughter, at what point would you want to speak up or punch his lights out? There is also the Wife Rule. At what point would she jab you in the ribs with an elbow, or stomp on your foot? The Daughter Rule is better, because you can judge what you would do more easily than what your wife would do.

Technically speaking, we are always looking at somebody's daughter.

Age is the defining parameter here. Relative to our own. If a guy is 20 checking out an 18 year old... ok. If a 50 year old is seriously doing the same to that 18 year old, not acceptable. 

On 5/15/2019 at 9:33 AM, Whistlin' Blue said:

My goodness. The responsibility is not on women to dress a certain way so that men can control inappropriate actions, it is solely on the men. Period.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:35 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

If you dress in a way that draws attention, you should expect to receive attention, even from those whose attention you don't care for!!

If a woman CHOOSES to dress in a manner that draws a man's attention, then she absolutely IS responsible for the attention she gets. 

It is, however the MAN'S responsibility to still behave in a civilised manner despite that. 

Bottom line, if a woman flaunts her wares, I'm going to look. 

21 hours ago, Double Barrel, SASS 34765 said:

The comedian Jerry Clower described it this way;

The first look is admiration, the second look is lust.

I don't remember if he said anything about the length of time of the first look though. :wacko:

Lock eyes with them assets, and don't look away til you walk away.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, Yul Lose said:

example, at what point does an "appreciative glance" become a "creepy stare"?

If I start going to that store everyday it might turn into a creepy stare.........no might to it, it will.:lol:

Or if you start paying in pennies so she has to count them all out:D.

If a young fellow wears pants down below his butt, you congratulate him for losing so much weight and offer to buy him a pair of pants that will fit. Now if a woman has their boobs half exposed you ask them if they dress like that to expose their self to men or if they cannot afford proper clothing and then offer to purchase them something decent.

On the other hand learn to stare them in the eye and concentrate elsewhere, it's easy.

My Pa told me long ago that women are like fine art in a museum. Made to be appreciated, love to be appreciated, but touch without permission and some big goon is going to whip your behind.

So, look all you want. Just leave it alone.

10 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Age is the defining parameter here. Relative to our own. If a guy is 20 checking out an 18 year old... ok. If a 50 year old is seriously doing the same to that 18 year old, not acceptable. 

I agree, the Daughter Rule is a sliding scale!

10 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I’m not sure that this is any better as a guideline either!!

I look at women much the same way as I look at cars, motorcycles, and guns!!  Young and old, they all still draw my attention. 

The BIG difference is that it’s usually okay to handle or test drive the car!:rolleyes: :o :lol:

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 10:32 AM, J-BAR #18287 said:

My interest is mostly towards the southern regions rather than the north...

I figure if they don’t want me to look then they shouldn’t wear jeans with jewels on their hip pockets.  :ph34r:

They shouldn't wear those pants anyway, its like giant sand paper when they lean on my car.

21 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

With cars, I look at the antiques.

I lean toward the high performance models and the hot rods! B)

3 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Yeah, and you know just how high-maintenance they are.

I most certainly do!!  

I’m a mechanic by trade and training!!  Full service, as a matter of fact!!:lol:

On 5/15/2019 at 9:33 AM, Whistlin' Blue said:

My goodness. The responsibility is not on women to dress a certain way so that men can control inappropriate actions, it is solely on the men. Period.

In a perfect world? Yes.

But you don’t wear bloody pork chops around yer neck in Yellowstone do you? You don’t chum the shark infested waters right before a swim do you? Ok?

So you may want to cover up girl parts before you walk into a biker bar or other seedy venue... Because there are a lot of men in today’s world that do not care about what you deem “inappropriate” behavior. 

Its just a fact of life. And as a father of three daughters, teaching women that they should throw precaution to the wind is irresponsible.

14462778_1194752473916639_4901336241278205519_n.jpg

We have nothing on a factory full of women folk.

As a young Navy man, I made an unannounced trip home so I could surprise my mom at work. Showed up in my dress blues just before lunch. Definitely a different experience and one that made a sailor blush.  

40 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

We have nothing on a factory full of women folk.

As a young Navy man, I made an unannounced trip home so I could surprise my mom at work. Showed up in my dress blues just before lunch. Definitely a different experience and one that made a sailor blush.  

You got that right. Years ago I helped out a friend by umpiring a ladies softball game.

Let's just say it was a vocabulary building experience.

Archived