Can’t Help But Stare

Yul Lose

34 responses and not one picture. 

Time to close the thread.

:P

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time I have ever heard a complaint is when I tried to examine the objects!

24 minutes ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

It's a slippery slope that leads to nowhere good.

This statement I agree with.

25 minutes ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

I don't understand or support the mindset that women have to dress a certain way in order for men to control themselves.

This statement, I also agree with, however that was not what I took from your first statement.

I may have read more into your original statement based on conversations I've had with others on this and similar topics, and in this instance in comes down to our own interpretation of the events Yul described.

I see it this way:

A young female clerk working in a convenience store that Yul frequents was dress provocatively.  (I think we agree she has the right to do this.)

Yul visually appreciated looking at the young woman. (I hope we agree that this is also okay, because if it's not this is where we have to end the discussion with an ATD statement.)

The young woman took offence to the way Yul appreciated the way she looked. (I think we both agree she has the right to do this as well.)

Yul took offense to the reaction. (Again, I hope we agree this is a valid reaction, however this is also a valid point of disagreement that can start further discussion.)

Where we're going to have to ATD is that last statement because it's subjective to the slippery slope of the argument, and it starts a much longer argument of where certain lines are drawn.  For example, at what point does an "appreciative glance" become a "creepy stare"?

example, at what point does an "appreciative glance" become a "creepy stare"?

If I start going to that store everyday it might turn into a creepy stare.........no might to it, it will.:lol:

53 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

34 responses and not one picture. 

Time to close the thread.

:P

How’s this?

8AE71499-2F4B-44E6-8C85-4F8337BC08F3.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

example, at what point does an "appreciative glance" become a "creepy stare"?

If I start going to that store everyday it might turn into a creepy stare.........no might to it, it will.:lol:

Well, if you drop some money and wait for her to pick it up because of your bad back, you do officially become a dirty old man.

5 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

So far only males have posted to this. What do the females here have to say?

How do we handle this problem?

Um....I dunno about the ladies on here (Kris, Whiskey, Lorelei, and MizPete) but I don't really have much to say...if a woman who has something worth looking at is gonna flaunt it in public, then she ain't got no business getting mad at anyone fer looking....I don't have anything worth looking at so I've never had to deal with it personally.....:unsure:

The problem is that the woman gets to decide whether it was just an appreciative glance or a creepy stare, and her decision is often based on the attractiveness of the offender. That means the good lookin' ones among us often get a pass, unless of course they're acting in a creepy fashion. But if you clearly lack any assets of your own you'd better keep the invisible blinders on or you'll get labeled a pervert if you get caught glancing down for even a moment. Unfortunately it's all too easy to be judged as a creep if you're not the kind of person they want looking at them.

That being said, yes I do understand that there are actual creeps out there who behave in ways that make women feel very uncomfortable. However I don't believe we're talking about them... just normal guys who happen to take notice that a lady has the goods.

I have no control over my eyes, they work totally on their own!!:P

3 hours ago, Whistlin' Blue said:

I'm no stranger to disagreement, nor am I opposed to it. I assure you there is no trolling going on. I don't understand or support the mindset that women have to dress a certain way in order for men to control themselves. It's a slippery slope that leads to nowhere good.

I'm not, nor do I think anyone else here is saying that a woman doesn't have the right to dress as she pleases without fear of being bothered, either physically or in the form of lewd or openly sexist comment.  NO! Wolf whistles or whoops and the like are not acceptable behavior! 

HOWEVER!!!  I, and most of the rest of us, reserve the right to look, admire, and appreciate their appearance WITHOUT having to be subjected too derision, unwelcome comment, or the fear of being accosted or worse by anyone!!  If you dress in a way that draws attention, you should expect to receive attention, even from those whose attention you don't care for!!

57 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

No need to worry Yul...I think most of us are with ya':D

Does it look different from down there, Mohawk?

15 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

Um....I dunno about the ladies on here (Kris, Whiskey, Lorelei, and MizPete) but I don't really have much to say...if a woman who has something worth looking at is gonna flaunt it in public, then she ain't got no business getting mad at anyone fer looking....I don't have anything worth looking at so I've never had to deal with it personally.....:unsure:

You might be surprised.  A lot of us like all kinds. shapes and sizes!  My wife of 50+ years and I had this discussion a few years back and agreed there are very few definitely ugly women.  Now, men.  There are some sad looking things out there.

4 minutes ago, Catlow4697 said:

Ok Guys when does looking become creepy?

I believe there's a 5 second rule!!:lol:

23 minutes ago, Catlow4697 said:

Ok Guys when does looking become creepy?

Never.

How long can you look at a work of art, or an interesting car or motorcycle, or an historic monument or building without it being “creepy”?

Some of these “rules” are plain BULL TWINKIES!! 

This is all very interesting, but it is a very one sided discussion. The starring and ogling goes both ways. I finally got tired of it and started wearing pants under my Chaps. :P

Snakebite

Genesis 3:16 says "Men will rule over women". We know how well that one went.

59 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

This is all very interesting, but it is a very one sided discussion. The starring and ogling goes both ways. I finally got tired of it and started wearing pants under my Chaps. :P

Snakebite

There is an image that will require copious amounts of alcohol to forget

Glance. Don’t stare. Simple.

Archived