SASS Wire Forum

I gave away a car

It’s just aging in my driveway and I don’t want some scoundrel to eventually scrap it out for parts so....

i contacted a nearby friend, my tool pusher, Patrick and said I wanted to sell some things.  Www.supertool.com is him. Pat came with his son, high school senior going to WPI.  Son was a good worker, never a complainer, just did what was asked of him.

SO.... Pat mentions to me that Aigan (a Gaelic name) was interested.  I told him about all the things wrong with it, Aigan was still interested, they looked at it today, I said take it away.  Pat said Aigan will be my slave for a month, anything I need done, Aigan agreed.  

Oh, maybe you want to know what the car is? 1992 Dodge Stealth, Twin Turbo, white, pearl coat, it did go 180, but I usually kept it to 125, max.

Always nice to help a kid out! Good for you!;)

Marshal, that was really nice of you. Good on you. I am sure you made that young man very happy...and I loved those cars. Very cool. 

As a car buff, and one that enjoys late model small Dodges at that, that's a heckuva car to give away!

He’s a car head.  Had researched from the minute I said he could have it, when I opened the hood he knew what to expectant what to look for. For example three of the spark plugs are in a difficult place (against the fire wall).  And nothing is cheap on that car. Slow off the line because it is steel, not fiberglass but the 180 on the speedometer is not a joke, and OMG it hugs the road. He already  knows more about the exhaust system than I knew about the whole car.

Before last week, the last time I saw Aigan he was knee high to an elephant.

12 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The kid loved the classic 90’s style of the dashboard.

i need to make him a nephew or something so he can avoid sales tax because it’s a gift from a relative.

Did you just say “classic 90s style”? 

If the 90s are now classic, what does that make us?  Historic?

With all that Passing of time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm getting Younger......

My body sometimes doesn't see it My way .... Maybe I need a New Body with-out the negative attitude ....

Jabez Cowboy

5 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Did you just say “classic 90s style”?

The 1990s style of dashboard were indeed classic. I hate modern cars and their interiors that make them look like the inside of an X-Wing Fighter.

Archived