SASS Wire Forum

Man oh man did I just get a rare 1894!

Stopsign32v

I have a rare 1894 Marlin. It left the factory sometime after 1879. I'll post photos when I can find film for my camera.

11 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

I have a rare 1894 Marlin. It left the factory sometime after 1879. I'll post photos when I can find film for my camera.

Now that right there is a real Kodachrome...... ;)

..........Widder

Now that we've insulted the guy and showed how smart we all are, maybe he will actually still join SASS.

Aren't we TRYING to get new members? Yes, we want to see pictures. No, it's probably NOT rare as a hen's tooth.

Who cares, the guy's proud of his new acquisition. Let's celebrate the love of Marlins (unless you're a hater of them and a Winchester purist) and welcome the guy in. Or... we can keep up the insults, history lessons, snarky comments and scare off another one.

Welcome Stopsign, hope ya join.

Well I for one meant no insult. Just having fun. I would hope that most folks would see the humor.

21 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Now that we've insulted the guy and showed how smart we all are, maybe he will actually still join SASS.

Aren't we TRYING to get new members? Yes, we want to see pictures. No, it's probably NOT rare as a hen's tooth.

Who cares, the guy's proud of his new acquisition. Let's celebrate the love of Marlins (unless you're a hater of them and a Winchester purist) and welcome the guy in. Or... we can keep up the insults, history lessons, snarky comments and scare off another one.

Welcome Stopsign, hope ya join.

Well said Rainmaker.  All of us probably have some guns that we’re proud of, including me, that a purist collector wouldn’t even glance at. I, for one, was kind of looking forward to Friday when Stopsign said his Marlin was to be delivered.  Kind of like a mystery to see what he had.

We might also note that some of our most beloved posters are signed in as guests. OLG comes to mind. Let's not be so quick to insult folks who are sharing and just want to feel like part of the crowd. Carry on.

Welcome Stopsign

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

3 hours ago, Snakebite said:

You still use film? :lol:

14 minutes ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

You still use film? :lol:

Doesn't your little Brownie?

18 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I've got a couple of the .32 H&R mag Marlin 1894's.

Supposedly only about 600 were made.

Wouldn't let em go for a good 3-legged Buffalo nickel.

..........Widder

I went back and double checked my post (quoted above) to make sure I didn't make any type of snide remark.

I stated a simple fact about my Marlins and surely nobody would take that with any ill intentions.

This is the Wire and sometimes, its hard to grasp some of the humor that  we often share.   Being on the Wire a long time and jawboning back and forth with many of the Wire pards helps understand US better.

Stay in the saddle with us a little longer and you'll discover that although we are a precarious Posse,

we are still fun to ride with.

Anyhow, WELCOME Stopsign.  When your able, share that pic with us and more info about the new toy.

And until then, any thing said on the Wire that is seeming out of character can be blamed on Shooting

Bull..... :D

..........Widder

Son and I were spending some quality time in our favorite toy store.  I walked by what I took to be just another Marlin "thuddy thuddy".  Son calls me back,  "Did you see this?".   It was a 336SC   Ok, well, just another Marlin 336. The 336SC was a "Sporting Carbine" that had a short 5 round magazine tube and pistol grip buttstock and a few other deluxe features.   This one was also in 35 Remington and it was an early "waffle top".  It was in good condition and hadn't been drilled and tapped or otherwise molested.  Maybe not "rare" as in one of a kind but certainly uncommon and sought after.  We didn't leave it there. 

Archived