SASS Wire Forum

Drumming up more members locally

Lunger Dan

Hey y'all..in an effort to drum up some more members, I made our local SASS group, Buccaneer Range Regulators,  a facebook page.
Here is a link  https://www.facebook.com/groups/322677095297436/  
Hopefully this is allowed, if anyone is on facebook, a join to the group would be appreciated. 
Feel free to post photos, or videos of your posses or anything you think might attract some new folks! 
Thanks!

I made a Facebook page for our club, Black Hills Shootists https://www.facebook.com/BlackHillsShootists1880/?ref=bookmarks

It hasn't brought us any new shooters, but has generated some interest and it's WAY easier to post pics and news than the WIX Website my wife and I created. You did a nice job, I especially like the FAQ's

Good Luck

Yup, I created a Facebook page for our club too, had it for years, 

http://www.facebook.com/tuscolongriders

and a Wix page

http://www.tuscolongriders.com

My theory is use any avenue you can, especially free social media.

El Posse Grande has one too.  May I suggest that when setting up a page we all reference the Single Action Shooting Society and the website in the "About" description area.

2 hours ago, Lunger Dan said:

Hey y'all..in an effort to drum up some more members, I made our local SASS group, Buccaneer Range Regulators,  a facebook page.
Here is a link  https://www.facebook.com/groups/322677095297436/  
Hopefully this is allowed, if anyone is on facebook, a join to the group would be appreciated. 
Feel free to post photos, or videos of your posses or anything you think might attract some new folks! 
Thanks!

Excellent!  I need to drive on over and shoot with y'all sometime.  

I made a couple of FB pages for some clubs up the road from you:

Old Hickory Regulators in Rocky Mt. 

and Flat Branch Ranch Cowboys  in Bunn Level

Say Howdy! to Jefro and High Noon Henry for me.  Y'all have a great bunch of folks there!

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Could I suggest that you include your location and such on those pages.

Maybe a map too......

Respectfully,

OLG

DUH! What a novel idea. Thanks, I'll get on that. Can't believe I didn't think of that. I put in on our Website and just spaced out on the FB page.

Thanks y'all..I see some of you are posting the match results in the "file" sections...I was wondering how to get those up for people to see without having to type it all out in a "post"!

We add a PDF of match results just like you would add a picture.

Another suggestion I have is to ask Amber Oakley to add your Facebook page info to your club's info on the SASS affiliated clubs page.  The current affiliation form does not ask for this info.  However, social media is a very good recruitment/advertising tool and we may as well make use of it.

12 minutes ago, Raritan River Kid SASS #23259 said:

Let us like your page so I can follow you. Do you have matches year round? I spend some time on Oak island part of the year.

Yup we're year round and  very close to oak island!
Ive got it as a public page right now so anyone can join 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/322677095297436/ 

7 hours ago, Lunger Dan said:

Thanks y'all..I see some of you are posting the match results in the "file" sections...I was wondering how to get those up for people to see without having to type it all out in a "post"!

Up at the very top of the FB page under "more" is a place you can upload a PDF file.  It will then display the PDF link on your page and automatically save it under "Files" for easy reference.  (rename the file, otherwise they all come up as "matchresultsbytime")

The other, less convenient way, is to take a screen shot of the opened file and post it as a picture.  But, then it won't get saved under "Files".  If you want to save them in order for easy reference, you'd have to mark each one as an announcement, and then they would be saved under the "Announcements" link on the left of the page.

1 hour ago, McCandless said:

Up at the very top of the FB page under "more" is a place you can upload a PDF file.  It will then display the PDF link on your page and automatically save it under "Files" for easy reference.  (rename the file, otherwise they all come up as "matchresultsbytime")

The other, less convenient way, is to take a screen shot of the opened file and post it as a picture.  But, then it won't get saved under "Files".  If you want to save them in order for easy reference, you'd have to mark each one as an announcement, and then they would be saved under the "Announcements" link on the left of the page.

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the "more" button it only says" "page quality".

20 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Any time someone asks me to "Like" or join their site on FB, I do. I want to support our beloved sport.

I also do this. I may never get to any of those clubs but I get to see the things they are doing. You find some good stuff by watching what other clubs are doing to use for your own club.

1 hour ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the "more" button it only says" "page quality".

Ok, I misspoke.  At the top where you start a new post, click "More".  (I sent you too high in the page).  Then click "add file".   Here's a picture of the drop-down menu.

2146091120_Fullscreencapture513201942221PM.thumb.jpg.27a8de0f06fe1c51a16f64b2e5304d85.jpg

4 minutes ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

Has anyone figured out who we are marketing to? :FlagAm:

Anyone who will listen.....

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
15 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Anyone who will listen.....

Great,   How about we start recruiting on the college campuses?  ;) :FlagAm:

Archived