SASS Wire Forum

Do We Presume ???

Do we presume no one else can or does read the news elsewhere??  Why is it, when some one of some notoriety, Hollywood, Political, Music .... whatever, invariably some one just has to post it too the Saloon   :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Do we presume no one else can or does read the news elsewhere??  Why is it, when some one of some notoriety, Hollywood, Political, Music .... whatever, invariably some one just has to post it too the Saloon   :ph34r:

I tend to think that some people simply don't have enough of a life to keep themselves otherwise occupied.:ph34r:

And I exactly how does does affect you?

You don’t have to click on it, read it or participate. Simple.

What drives me nuts are manipulative thread titles that you have to click on to see what it’s about...:P

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What drives me nuts are manipulative thread titles that you have to click on to see what it’s about...:P

Thank you!  :D

Sometimes people are so busy in the Saloon they miss important news bulletins..

For instance, today is Mothers Day. 

You’re welcome.

:P

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And I exactly how does does affect you?

You don’t have to click on it, read it or participate. Simple.

There you go. One post is easy to quickly read or pass by but 7-8 posts a day that are just random links from the same person are a lot different 

6 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Well now that I don’t watch the “Fake News” on the networks anymore this is the place I get my news. I vote for Rye Miles Reporter Of The Year.

6 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

As SDJ said, we comment on numerous things here of note and of historical interest. I'm glad that when someone well known passes, it gets mentioned here. I might miss it otherwise, since I don't consistently watch the nightly news, and I might not see it in my other online news travels. What's more, it allows us the opportunity to discuss the person, our likes and dislikes, and generally connect in a social manner. It would be no different than if I had been having a cup of coffee with my brother today and casually mentioned "I saw Peggy Lipton passed. I remember watching The Mod Squad as a kid. You used to really like that show didn't you?" It allows us to be the social animals we are, to strike up conversation, and find things in common. I'm not understanding what the downside might be.

This is the SALOON! It's like we're all drinkin' and talkin', ya know like "Hey did ya hear about XXX and So and So??

Ya know, if we cut all of the stuff out of the Saloon topics that folks bitch and complain about it would be more like a church or something and not a Saloon. 

2 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Ya know, if we cut all of the stuff out of the Saloon topics that folks bitch and complain about it would be more like a church or something and not a Saloon. 

...like a....Wire?

5 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

There you go. One post is easy to quickly read or pass by but 7-8 posts a day that are just random links from the same person are a lot different 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This is the SALOON! It's like we're all drinkin' and talkin', ya know like "Hey did ya hear about XXX and So and So??

Basically, we have our very own Cliff Clavin.:blink:

Well, I liked Peggy Lipton in Mod Squad but I hadn't heard about her passing until I read THIS thread.

After reading THIS thread, I went back and checked out the other threads in the Saloon and saw her

special thread.

EDIT:   when the day comes that certain political figures pass on, there

will be 1/2 dozen threads either celebrating or sharing condolences.

Its just the way we are.

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Some members here don't like joke threads. Some don't like daily news threads. Some don't like off-topic banter. Political stuff is already a no-no. So what on Earth CAN we talk about that everyone agrees with? :huh:

Alcohol, so drink up; first round's on Pat Riot's tab :ph34r:

Just now, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Some members here don't like joke threads. Some don't like daily news threads. Some don't like off-topic banter. Political stuff is already a no-no. So what on Earth CAN we talk about that everyone agrees with? :huh:

F238D9A4-13D4-44C4-B562-2BE83C35D74B.jpeg.b43ab83c156b0e4dfdde494a44d53e51.jpeg

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

Alcohol, so drink up; first round's on Pat Riot's tab :ph34r:

I’ll drink to that! :D

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I resemble that remark.  I quit subscribing to the newspapers years ago.  I didn't like paying more and more for less and less.

Archived