A little history for today -

Too Tall Bob

A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY!!

Homer Simpson

Fictional TV Character Homer Simpson

Full Name: Homer Jay Simpson
Profession: Fictional TV Character

Nationality: United States of America American

Why Famous: A cartoon character in the animated television series "The Simpsons" as the patriarch of the eponymous family. One of the most influential characters in the history of television.

Born: May 121956
Birthplace: Springfield, USA 

Chinese Zodiac: Monkey 
Star Sign: Taurus

Events in the Life of Homer Simpson

• 1989-12-17 "The Simpsons" created by Matt Groening, premieres on Fox TV as a full animated series with the episode, "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"
  • 2018-04-29 Animated series "The Simpsons" surpasses "Gunsmoke"'s 635-episode count to have highest episode count of any series on TV

2 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Would you believe I've never seen a full episode of Simpsons? Never will.

Yes. Yes, I would...

Forty Rod:  you lose.  The Simpsons has stood the test of time and has, yes, ranged from lame to brilliant.

6 hours ago, MizPete said:

Forty Rod:  you lose.  The Simpsons has stood the test of time and has, yes, ranged from lame to brilliant.

6 hours ago, MizPete said:

I was a school teacher for far too long to think that spoiled, totally indisciplined children and their dysfunctional families are amusing or even watchable.

Trust me when I point out that I am not the loser in this scenario.  MY brain hasn't been negatively affected by it.

Favorite day of the week? Thursday, pork chop night. MMMMMM, pork chops.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:55 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Would you believe I've never seen a full episode of Simpsons? Never will.

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I was a school teacher for far too long to think that spoiled, totally indisciplined children and their dysfunctional families are amusing or even watchable.

Trust me when I point out that I am not the loser in this scenario.  MY brain hasn't been negatively affected by it.

I’m with Forty. My daughter was born about the same time as the series. The first time I saw a kid with Bart Simpson’s picture and the quote, “Underachiever and proud of it”, I decided it was not worth my time, not any of my kids’ time. 

Friends have ave told me about occasional flashes of comedic brilliance in the show, and I respond with something about blind squirrels finding nuts. 

Thirty years later, my life is no less full due to Simpsons’ absence. 

Archived