SASS Wire Forum

Absolution?

O.K., What happened was, I went to Amarillo this morning to see about buying a new mobile home, cause the school needs my house for a new teacher. And I stopped by Gebo's farm and ranch store to see if maybe they might have an 1873 rifle in stock for sale, turns out they did. And it just happened that it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, excellent case colors, good wood, the right length, just what I have been wanting for 7 or 8 years. So after I went to my meeting with the mobile mansion sales person, I went back, and I ADMIT IT! I was weak! The price was too good! And I bought it. My question is, will I go to hell for this weak moment or can I be absolved? Please help me. I feel SO guilty! But, in my defense it is my first 73, and I have wanted one for a looooooong time. What say the S.A.S.S Wire jurists? I await your verdict.

Paladin 

Please don't scorn me, I hate when I get baccar juice on me!

I’ve been told a few times that I’m goin there so I’m going to buy a big ranch down there and have a big BBQ every night and you’re invited, but from what I’m told it takes a lot more than lusting after a rifle and acting upon the urge to get you the one way ticket.:lol:

Well, I MIGHT have been somewhat of a Hellion when I was younger, but I think that may have been cause I never got to go to Disneyland. And I still haven't gotten that 69 Corvette I always wanted.

Incidentally, Does George Peppard qualify as a western movie actor or is that another thread?

Remember,  Those who tempt you are quilty of the greater sin then you falling into that temptation.

In essence, you ain't guilty of anything.......... its the Store's fault, along with the salesperson.

:D

..........Widder

24 minutes ago, Panhandle Paladin said:

Incidentally, Does George Peppard qualify as a western movie actor or is that another thread?

That’s another thread worth a couple of pages. Then it will go sideways for several more pages. Or we could just start now. 

This response is called a hijack.  :D

Come to think of it Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy were "western" before they went into space to find new worlds and new civilizations.

What is this WIFE thing you speak of?! Don't misunderstand I dearly loves the wimmens, but a womans heart is as hard a stone as God put on this Earth, I can find no track on it. "Bearclaw" Chris Lapp

He comes to a Saloon to seek absolution...he must have been drinkin’ before he got here...:P

Oh, nice move on the rifle. Well done. :D

Alas my son . The flesh was weak. BUT you did this with the purest of motives, you went "for the school". Say three Hail Sasses and leave three coins in the offering plate, your transgression will be forgiven.

Imis  (some of us have used every excuse to justify what we wanted) 

9 hours ago, Panhandle Paladin said:

Well, I MIGHT have been somewhat of a Hellion when I was younger, but I think that may have been cause I never got to go to Disneyland. And I still haven't gotten that 69 Corvette I always wanted.

If it was a roadster, yellow with black interior, 350HP 350, 4-speed and side pipes, it's the same one I haven't yet got either!

Sorry to take the thread off-topic, but couldn't resist the temptation...!

CS

27 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Why, because he was willing to give up something to fulfill a dream and you aren't?

Envy I can see, but not scorn.

A. It was a joke.

B. Who said I wouldn't be willing to give something up to fulfill a dream? I've done that plenty before, and I'm doing it now.

Easy, Pards, I don't want to start no feudin!

Say the Code of the Old West 3x, with a cowboy hat held over your heart. The throw a shot of rye whiskey (your choice of label) over your shoulder, while turning to face the setting sun. You’re absolution is complete. 

Make sure you send it to me before you begin your journey to Hades.

As they say, you can’t take it with you.;)

18 hours ago, Panhandle Paladin said:

Come to think of it Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy were "western" before they went into space to find new worlds and new civilizations.

This is the problem with getting kids into CAS.  Their "westerns" were sci-fi.

3 hours ago, Panhandle Paladin said:

Saloon brawls are entertaining......sometimes.

I been in a few when I was younger, I don't remember them bein THAT entertaining!

6 hours ago, Panhandle Paladin said:

Nope. Not going to happen with me!

Doc Ward is more of the cerebral type and I can picture him appearing in Kung Fu, the tv series.

2 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Does that make him Grasshopper, or has he matured? :D

Locust!

10 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Doc Ward is more of the cerebral type and I can picture him appearing in Kung Fu, the tv series.

That is about the best compliment I've had in quite some time! I loved that show!

8 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Does that make him Grasshopper, or has he matured? :D

Ask my wife if I've matured!

6 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Locust!

Oh, good, you made up for the compliment! I'm less worried now!

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Why is it always "cerebral" and never "medulla oblongata-ish" or "cerebellum-ish"?

Just now, Panhandle Paladin said:

Why is it always "cerebral" and never "medulla oblongata-ish" or "cerebellum-ish"?

Cerebral is much easier to spell.

Archived