SASS Wire Forum

Match Director

JohnWesleyHardin

I am the match director for the first time tomorrow.  First time I have every wrote a match.  Wish me luck partners.  Hope everyone enjoys it and I don't screw anything up.  Zen Shootists get ready for a good time.

51 minutes ago, JohnWesleyHardin said:

I am the match director for the first time tomorrow.  First time I have every wrote a match.  Wish me luck partners.  Hope everyone enjoys it and I don't screw anything up.  Zen Shootists get ready for a good time.

After a  hundred matches or so it gets easier.

Dont be afraid to ask for help and advice;  get support for those sticky, unexpected, questionable decisions you may have to make.

Take a deep breath, remember you are among friends, and enjoy the ride!  :)

and thanks to you and all who are wiling to step up as MD's TO"s, club officers etc!

You were listening to your "buddies"again...weren't you. Remember how well you did when they weren't around??

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

I used to take 2 stress tabs and made sure I wore a suit of armor. :FlagAm:

Invest in a "period correct" set of asbestos underwear when you put on your MD hat!

Kajun

There are a few MD that can shoot their own match well, I am not one of them. Welcome to the world of MD.

I have been blessed with having a World Champ take a look over my stages and descriptions and working out language etc.  It has really helped A LOT. 

I love writing stages and looking at what others have done and going HEY! That's neat! and maybe incorporating that into a set. 

Had on MD who managed to SDQ twice on his own stages which was of course a MDQ.  Poor guy but he took it in the cowboy way, put his stuff away and then helped out the rest of the match.

Don't worry about it, Sugar.  If they don't like your stages, you're gonna get feedback.  We live and learn.

I tried giving the job away several times.  Darn thing's like a boomerang.  It keeps coming back.  I did have one hearty soul step up last year.  Now he does the monthly matches and I do the state match.  It has really made my life so much easier and made the MD job less stressful.  He's doing a terrific job and loves doing it and I am so grateful for his help.  

I get to write the match for Fort Des Moines Rangers in August.  Wouldn't be surprised if a few stages will seem familiar.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

There are a few MD that can shoot their own match well, I am not one of them. Welcome to the world of MD.

Yep, Two years in a row I got a P in the match that I was MD. You worry too much about this or that prop failing, someone bitc, I mean suggesting that a stage was too hard to shoot. and 1,000 other problems that could happen.

Archived