SASS Wire Forum

Dillon 650 e-clip?

This e-clip fell into the bullet tray and I cannot figure out where it came from. Checking the manual, the only e-clip I found is on the powder check and it is still present.

Any ideas?

e-clip.jpg

7 minutes ago, Tequila Chase said:

Check the top of your dies, maybe it came off of one of them??

It is the sizing die. Strange that both broken pieces would both wind up in the bullet tray.

Many thanks.

The decapping pin inside the resizing die is spring loaded.  It protrudes through the top of the die.  The E-clip should ride on a bowed washer for extra cushioning.  I just replaced a broken one on my 550.  Dillon will mail replacement washers and clips at no charge.  It should look like this when installed:

4018F629-E6AC-42C7-BD1D-487076A734F0.thumb.jpeg.57e1306846ba228294016373e2f22af6.jpeg

Edit:  Installation may be accompanied by harsh words,  presence of women and children is not advised.

Edit 2:  Remove the pin and clean it as well as the die before re-installing the washer and clip.   If you have been reloading very long, you will be surprised at the amount of crud in there.

3 hours ago, BLACKFOOT SASS #11947 said:

That "bowed washer" is a Bellville Spring.  (now you know)

Blackfoot;)

Cool!  Good to know.  Better tell Dillon. :D

1AC21ABB-241F-4D3F-8A82-BC2FD8252516.thumb.jpeg.ccedf832b0375ddcff8f0cd413351871.jpeg

Have had a lot of problems reloading 9 m/m and 223 especially with primers sucking back in  (leaving fired primer in place).   Removed the bowed washer and problem is almost gone.  And  no, I have never broken an e-clip, but primers seem to pop out better.    GW

Now the arm on the microswitch in the case feeder broke off! :angry:

I moved almost a year and a half ago and did not have room to set up my reloading bench. I had an addition built to the garage and while waiting, I sent the 650 to Dillon for a rebuild so I was excited to set everything up over the last few days and get caught up on reloading. (I was down to just a few boxes of pistol and rifle ammo.) Oh well, at least I am getting the kinks out of the system.

Archived