Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423

A Look at the Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme

Recommended Posts

Some of you may be using this shotgun already, some of you may be considering it.  Here are my thoughts on the Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not shoot anymore but when I did (FCD, love the smoke) my go to shotgun was a Stoeger Supreme. Used it for about 8 years, after smoothing it up, especially the chambers, it worked just fine. Only problem was a chip broke out of the stock on top just behind the frame and I could never find a replacement stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started with a stoeger supreme, double trigger nickel barrels setup by long hunter. Worked great. Still does. I just prefer my ttn hammered double more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing of this post is ironic, as I just picked one up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a nickeled Stoeger Supreme double trigger for a dozen years or so, and use it when shooting B-Western cuz it's bright and shiny. :D

My daughter did one of those mail-in DNA test things this past Christmas to find out what part of the world she was from... was it really necessary? :lol:

BWesternState2010SM.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gray Drifter said:

The timing of this post is ironic, as I just picked one up!

 

Occasionally I have good timing.  And, then, sometimes, I’m just ironic.  ;)

 

10 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I've had a nickeled Stoeger Supreme double trigger for a dozen years or so, and use it when shooting B-Western cuz it's bright and shiny. :D

My daughter did one of those mail-in DNA test things this past Christmas to find out what part of the world she was from... was it really necessary? :lol:

BWesternState2010SM.jpg


That is a fantastic picture of the two of you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Supreme in Blue on my Jones list.

Here in CA, the best price is Sportsmans Warehouse.
No FFL fees, no shipping, and same price as Bud's etc.

Bad news:  S.W. does not carry the Blued model on their web catalog.
After conversations with other members, and much thought, I think I would be best suited with it entirely in Blue.

The Nickel and Stainless are both plated, and will show any honing or repairs more than the Blue.
I would prefer 100% true stainless, but cannot find that, especially at this price point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed Dick's Sporting Goods has an "exclusive" version listed inside the catalog in their store. Of course it appears no different in specs from the regular Supreme...and no one behind the counter could explain any potential difference. I have not been able to find any reference to it online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the general consensus on the single trigger Stoeger and/or Baikal has always been to avoid them. Has this changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used the Stoeger Supreme ( 2 trigger) for the last 3 years and cant imagine a better, smoother shotgun. I sent it down to Goatneck Clem and had him work his magic on it, could not be happier. You can spend more but better? Maybe but not for me!!   SCJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't mean to hijack this thread from the single trigger to the double, many sorrys!   SCJ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

So the general consensus on the single trigger Stoeger and/or Baikal has always been to avoid them. Has this changed?

I think for the price point it’s a good shotgun.  I wouldn’t “avoid it”... I just wouldn’t grab it out of my gun safe if my SKB was next to it :D  Seriously, I shot that Stoeger quite a bit and found it to be find shotgun.  

 

12 minutes ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Didn't mean to hijack this thread from the single trigger to the double, many sorrys!   SCJ 

No worries.  I don’t think this thread has a direction.  We’re all just hangin’ out chattin’.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

So the general consensus on the single trigger Stoeger and/or Baikal has always been to avoid them. Has this changed?

OK ... you asked for it!! (a fix if you are having a problem) ... -_-

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/262649-stoeger-coach-gun-supreme-opening-when-fired/

 

I'll tell you ... about 6 months ago ... someone (who quit shooting) gave me a cut-down Uplander w/ a single trigger (to put out for sale at local matches) ... AND ...

I couldn't resist (I have always used a double trigger) ... so I started practicing with it and I think I am going to end up buying it myself.

 

I find myself holding it a bit different (it seems like my hand is a little more forward than with the double trigger and the timer says I'm shucking faster) ... I could be wrong ...

It has a 12.5 LOP and my regular match double trigger has a 13.25 LOP ... that might be the real difference I'm feeling ... I'm not sure.

BUT ... I am pretty sure that I am not going to let anyone else have it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

OK ... you asked for it!! (a fix if you are having a problem) ... -_-

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/262649-stoeger-coach-gun-supreme-opening-when-fired/

 

I'll tell you ... about 6 months ago ... someone (who quit shooting) gave me a cut-down Uplander w/ a single trigger (to put out for sale at local matches) ... AND ...

I couldn't resist (I have always used a double trigger) ... so I started practicing with it and I think I am going to end up buying it myself.

 

I find myself holding it a bit different (it seems like my hand is a little more forward than with the double trigger and the timer says I'm shucking faster) ... I could be wrong ...

It has a 12.5 LOP and my regular match double trigger has a 13.25 LOP ... that might be the real difference I'm feeling ... I'm not sure.

BUT ... I am pretty sure that I am not going to let anyone else have it.  

Oh I know all that, I started this game with a double trigger Stoeger; nothing wrong with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.