SASS Wire Forum

I Got A Procedural On A "NO PROCEDURAL STAGE", WHY??

Kid Death 6683

9 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

I'm sorry I brought this up,. If a stage is a no p stage, as far as I'm concerned, it's a no p stage, unless stated otherwise. Everybody ain't no walkin rule book. Safety is one thing, but I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNSAFE.

Well, if you already had your mind made up, why bother asking for anyone's opinion?  

And what is a DIMAKRAT?

SASS Conventions? I thought they weren't having them anymore!!!:P:P:lol:

14 hours ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I'm with the Capt...….tell me how to shoot the stage and I'll figure out where to put the gun. The only time I write in where you have to put it after using it is when safety is an issue.....otherwise it's up to the shooter. 

I have also seen folks use it in order to get you from point A to Point B.

For instance, you shoot a shotgun at Point A, but the stage writer wants you to shoot pistols from Point B.

So, instead of having 20 minutes of arguing on how close you have to be to point B to shoot the pistols, they put a table at Point B and tell you to put the shotgun on that table.

16 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

I thought I'd save a few seconds. I had no chance of out shooting ANYONE that match. What do yall think?

What you I think? I think that you thought wrong. Was there no one at your club that could explain this to you? Agree or disagree, the rules are the rules.

16 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

And you get another P for the illegible font.

His font requires a Spirit Of The Game penalty.

14 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

Pistols were first both matches.

5 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

I'm sorry I brought this up. If a stage is a no p stage, as far as I'm concerned, it's a no p stage, unless stated otherwise. Everybody ain't no walkin rule book. Safety is one thing, but I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNSAFE.

Ya gotta freebie with the no call in the first match.. :huh:

Ya didn't in the second match.. :rolleyes: Ya gotta accept it and go on..

"Walkin rule book" comment??

With your low SASS number you should have known

the rule "Always return to leather unless otherwise stated"

As somone else stated..

A "No procedural stage" does not give you a "Get out of Jail Free" card.. :D

Rance ;)

Thinkin' you knew you done it wrong :mellow:

They just caught the second time :)

6 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

And project their feelings onto the opposition.

...................And blame everything on everyone but themselves!!

6 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

I'm sorry I brought this up, the longer it goes on the more yall sound like a bunch of DIMAKRATS. If a stage is a no p stage, as far as I'm concerned, it's a no p stage, unless stated otherwise. Everybody ain't no walkin rule book. Safety is one thing, but I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNSAFE.

I’ve  read the whole thread more than once. Not one single time do I see anyone accusing you of doing anything unsafe. That’s why we’re not discussing major or minor safety penalties. We’re discussing a procedural penalty. You earned one. How you earned it has been explained more than enough times. You obviously don’t like the explanations so have decided to start throwing insults. There’s an unwritten rule you’re in the process of breaking, it’s called The Cowboy Way. You should consider doing some serious self reflection. This game is supposed to be fun. And this Wire is where we come to try to help others have fun. We darn sure don’t expect to be insulted when we try to help someone. 

Kid Death, Take a deep breath and let this be a learning experience. You earned a "P" and now you understand why. A Procedural has nothing to do with safety, that's what a Minor Safety, Stage DQ & Match DQ address. I occasionally refresh my knowledge of the Shooters Handbook & follow WTC posts to keep up with interpretations of the rules & regulations. CAS is a great experience with wonderful people. 

6 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

I'm sorry I brought this up, the longer it goes on the more yall sound like a bunch of DIMAKRATS. If a stage is a no p stage, as far as I'm concerned, it's a no p stage, unless stated otherwise. Everybody ain't no walkin rule book. Safety is one thing, but I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNSAFE.

You're complaining about a monthly match that you tried to take advantage of and you attack us???

Wow...

Phantom

7 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

You didn’t get a 10 second safety, you got a 10 procedural.

15 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

You can call it anything you want. What a stage is called means nothing. The stage instructions are what matters. And as has been said, SASS conventions apply unless specifically stated otherwise. 

You are correct. It's the stage instructions that matter. There is a pretty big difference between:

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to our 'no P' stage, where you can not get a P shooting this stage"

and

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to our 'no P' stage, where you can engage the targets in any order with any gun"

Since the OP hasn't still hasn't clarified which was the case in his situation, we have no idea. And quite frankly, I no longer care either way. After the OP decided to start name calling and rudely attacking those that he didn't agree with, I no longer want any part in this discussion.

I feel as if the stage was termed "no procedural" due to the fact that there was no shooting order (ie. firearms in any order, targets in any order) - both of these procedural penalties are listed in the shooter handbook as follows - Shooting targets in the wrong order.  Engaging the stage in the wrong order.  Had I shot this type of stage with the stage instructions written like that, my choice would have been to shoot the pistols last so that I would not have to re-holster on the clock. 

Now, as per the shooter handbook, there are other ways one could earn a procedural on such a stage.  I have listed those other ways below.

Procedural (P) infractions include:

- Failure to attempt to fire a firearm, engage a prop, or perform a stage maneuver.

- Use of illegally acquired ammunition.

- First offense in the same match for “shooting out of category.”

Had you done any of the above you would also have earned the penalty as well as "Not returning revolvers to leather (unless otherwise specified)."  Stop and think for a minute, would this stage had been the time to try a different category?  Would this have been the opportunity to take shotgun shells from the TO because you forgot yours?

18 hours ago, Kid Death 6683 said:

I like this font, maybe yall can read this size. This was a club monthly match & I did the exact same thing the month before with no procedural & NOBODY told me anything about not doing it again.

You got away with a "P" at the previous match, that's all. You should have asked before the stage started if you could table your pistols rather than here on the wire. Your TO would have happily clarified the situation for you. We can only answer to what the rules are.

Those are the facts, and it seems to me you don't wish to accept them as they as they stand, now just what group would do that?

Tully

Archived