SASS Wire Forum

The “Pansy-fication” of America

Pat Riot

This PC crap is getting way old.

I am so glad I'm retired from USMC and the airlines. I am not and have never been pc. It is the worst invention I've ever seen and it is total bs.  Now I can say what I want, when I want, to whom I want and if someone is offended I don't give a damn. If I get booted off anything I ainta gonna sweat it.

PF

51 minutes ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Now I can say what I want, when I want, to whom I want and if someone is offended I don't give a damn. If I get booted off anything I ainta gonna sweat it.

Feels good doesn't it?

Ridiculous.

Always keep a sprig of mistletoe attached your shirt tail!!

I think the command master chief was tired of the stupid games and looking for a way to retire that highlighted the stupid games.

He’s obviously not dumb.  He’s CMC of a Nimitz-class carrier. He also understands how to be PC having spent eight of the last ten years under Obama. 

I just feel bad for the whole situation.

That's why my boss wouldn't let me have the "recruiter" position when it opened. I would hurt the feelings of potential employees by telling the the truth about themselves; too fat, too ugly, stoopid, smoker, facial piercings, facial tattoos, too liberal, dumbass, ugly clothing, flip flops, chin beard, knuckle tattoos. I need to retire soon.

20 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What does it say about the political climate in our country when a Command Master Chief has to step down because of a silly comment?

https://wtkr.com/2019/05/07/uss-truman-command-master-chief-steps-down-after-strip-club-comment/amp/

It’s our fault. All of us. We have allowed it on our watch. Instead of stomping it’s guts out.

43 minutes ago, Assassin said:

That's why my boss wouldn't let me have the "recruiter" position when it opened. I would hurt the feelings of potential employees by telling the the truth about themselves; too fat, too ugly, stoopid, smoker, facial piercings, facial tattoos, too liberal, dumbass, ugly clothing, flip flops, chin beard, knuckle tattoos. I need to retire soon.

I have only been on one hiring interview committee.

I remember a time when we had a handsome, smooth talking man, a shy, qualified woman, and others. I fought for her. They both got hired. She excelled. He got kicked out of the building for sassing the manager. (It was a state job and firing "wasn't in the cards" so he was transferred to another group.) This was back in the days when none of the stuff you mention was seen. Oh, I long for those days. 

I remember (years before the previously mentioned committee and at another job) a relative of an employee came in to interview.  I judged (yes, I know I shouldn't judge on superficial things) her on her tight white pants with black undies. She ended up being hired and fired. So, maybe the things you mentioned are indicative of productiveness, trustworthiness....

Sometimes it's the little things that give em away! I had HR issues once with a guy they sent me to work in the outside plant for the phone company. PC wasn't so prevalent then and I was able to refuse him during his probation as he looked he fell face first into a tackle box and refused to remove the hardware at work. It was a safety issue to me and back then customers frowned on it as well. "Unique" didn't fly in those days. Sure seems we are headed in the wrong direction.:(

3 hours ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

It’s our fault. All of us. We have allowed it on our watch. Instead of stomping it’s guts out.

This entire process is like cancer. It has slowly taken over and now chemo is not effective. 

Back when I was in Graduate School getting my PhD (in Computer Science) we had an applicant for a faculty position. Applicants had to give a lecture. The lecture was something about computer grammars. In the course of his lecture he needed the angle brackets <> and his big faux pas was when he said “or as we say at Bell Labs left t**t right t**t”

doomed.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This entire process is like cancer. It has slowly taken over and now chemo is not effective. 

Unfortunately I think it’s going to require amputation. :(

I have two weeks left before I retire after 43 years as an educator.  I have had to bite my tongue so many times, I'm surprised it's still attached.  I'm looking forward to saying what I really think! 

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

He should have dug his heels in and stood on principle said NO! folding only adds to the problem.   :FlagAm:

3 minutes ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

He should have dug his heels in and stood on principle said NO! folding only adds to the problem.   :FlagAm:

Unfortunately we live in a society where the leftists now control the narrative. Any disagreement with them immediately causes you to be labeled a sexist/racist/bigot.

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
2 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Unfortunately we live in a society where the leftists now control the narrative. Any disagreement with them immediately causes you to be labeled a sexist/racist/bigot.

Those are only words and are meaningless   I have been called  worse than that .Stand up and deal with it or we go down .    I was called a privileged  old white guy once and replied with a,"Thank you for the compliment". :FlagAm:

On 5/9/2019 at 12:46 PM, Assassin said:

I would hurt the feelings of potential employees by telling the the truth about themselves

I wasn't allowed.  I had to use the  standard "another applicant has been selected."

59 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Any disagreement with them immediately causes you to be labeled a sexist/racist/bigot.

Don't care.  I am none of those things.  In fact, I'm a sexist/racist/bigot's worst nightmare - I don't give a ratsass about sex/race/religion or any other label one cares to apply.  Dr. King said he wanted his children judged on the content of their character.  The only way we have to judge such content is by their behavior.  I agree with TX Black Jack:  we need to stand together and speak out against this at every opportunity.  Who knows?  We might be able to avert a shooting war.

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

As my old momma used to say...

”Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you.”

I was a rather portly child.....easy keeper. :)

Archived