SASS Wire Forum

Shout out to Henry Repeating Arms

Buckaroo Bubba

So a few years back we purchased a used .22 Lever Action Henry Rifle, just to have for plinking, side matches, etc. Shot it a few times and then it sat in the safe. Remembered it having some feeding issues but wrote it off as cheap ammo.

Recently, my nephew wanted to start shooting Cowboy Action. So we brought out the .22 Rifle for him to use and sure enough it had feeding issues. My buddy Six Gun Seamus suggested I send it back to Henry. So after contacting Henry, they said send it here. They even sent a free shipping label.

Couple days in shipping, they received it and gave me a call saying that the feeding mechanisms were old models and they wouldn't be able to fix the rifle sooooo..

They would send me a brand new rifle, FREE of Charge! I received it a few days after that call.

Was pretty blown away by the Service at Henry!!
Just wanted to share my experience! Now my nephew will be turned loose with a brand new .22 to use at the matches.

THANK YOU Henry!!

Well, that's cool, and sounds typical of HRA's service.

But when I hear about guns being replaced like this, I always wonder, did the new replacement gun have to go through an FFL?

The Force is obviously with you Bubba.

I've only had to use Henry service a couple times and its always been 1st rate.

Mostly, of the few dozen Henry .22's that I have seen, they are always great from the factory.

Now, go buy your nephew some .22 ammo and wear it out..... :)

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

But when I hear about guns being replaced like this, I always wonder, did the new replacement gun have to go through an FFL?

I was surprised but No.. I even asked that question.. 

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The Force is obviously with you Bubba.

I've only had to use Henry service a couple times and its always been 1st rate.

Mostly, of the few dozen Henry .22's that I have seen, they are always great from the factory.

Now, go buy your nephew some .22 ammo and wear it out..... :)

..........Widder

Ohhhh… that will happen! That kid is HOOKED!! He has been to the last three matches I have been to. 

Plus we got his buddy hooked!! Tusco and Brown Township now have two new young shooters!!!

Similar experience for us recently.  My son had been using a youth model H001Y for a couple of years.  He has since outgrown the short stock.  I emailed HRA and asked if I could purchase a full length stock.  They said they would ship me one free of charge.  When we received it last week it was top notch.  Can’t ask for better service.  

29 minutes ago, Sinola Kid said:

Similar experience for us recently.  My son had been using a youth model H001Y for a couple of years.  He has since outgrown the short stock.  I emailed HRA and asked if I could purchase a full length stock.  They said they would ship me one free of charge.  When we received it last week it was top notch.  Can’t ask for better service.  

Our experience was exactly the same, only opposite direction. My oldest was shooting buckaroo and had the full size stock, called Henry about purchasing a youth stock for my youngest to use now that the oldest is a junior. Sent it to me free of charge. Can't say enough good things about Henry (other than they should have a side loading gate on their bigger rifles... :-)

I have also received great customer service with Henry, it was my fault and I was looking to buy the replacement part.  They just sent it to me no charge.  

21 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

19 hours ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

I was surprised but No.. I even asked that question.. 

I had to return a Ruger SRH for service in 2001, it was replaced with a new revolver and shipped directly to my doorstep. In 2004, S&W replaced an X-frame revolver, and the replacement was sent directly to my doorstep. Last year, I returned a Kimber Solo for service, they replaced the frame, and required it be returned through an FFL holder.

I don't think it's a legal requirement, but simply at the manufacturer's discretion.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:18 PM, Buckaroo Bubba said:

So a few years back we purchased a used .22 Lever Action Henry Rifle, just to have for plinking, side matches, etc. Shot it a few times and then it sat in the safe. Remembered it having some feeding issues but wrote it off as cheap ammo.

Recently, my nephew wanted to start shooting Cowboy Action. So we brought out the .22 Rifle for him to use and sure enough it had feeding issues. My buddy Six Gun Seamus suggested I send it back to Henry. So after contacting Henry, they said send it here. They even sent a free shipping label.

Couple days in shipping, they received it and gave me a call saying that the feeding mechanisms were old models and they wouldn't be able to fix the rifle sooooo..

They would send me a brand new rifle, FREE of Charge! I received it a few days after that call.

Was pretty blown away by the Service at Henry!!
Just wanted to share my experience! Now my nephew will be turned loose with a brand new .22 to use at the matches.

THANK YOU Henry!!

I had the exact experience with HRA.

I had a Old Model Big Boy 44 mag I purchased ( Used ) 

That would not fee ammo right all the time .

I called HRA and told them I bought it used  a nd asked them what it would cost me to send it in and have it inspected .

HRA sent me a shipping label on there dime .

HRA called a few days latter and told me it was out of spec and it was a old model .

They Shipped me a Brand New Rife to me door FREE Of Charge !

I took the new rifle straight from the box to a Local Match and shot a clean match with it .

A Big Thank you to HRA .

Made in America or Not made at all !    

Rooster 

16 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Sounds like HRA has taken a page from Dillon's Customer Service book. Good on them

Imis

Not exactly. I tried to get a replacement magazine spring guide. You know that orange plastic thing in the magazine tube. They would not sell me that little part. I had to buy the whole tube assembly. That was $21.50 + shipping to fix a 50 cent part.

On the other hand I called about an extractor and ejector and they sent those no charge.

Archived