SASS Wire Forum

Questions about Google play

Alpo

If I go to guttenberg, or feed books, or faded page and download an ebook, it shows up on my phone's hard drive, in the file named DOWNLOADS. I then go into DOWNLOADS and cut the file, and move it to my SD card, into a file named BOOKS.

When (not if) this phone croaks, we will put that SD card into my new phone, and there are all my books on my new phone.

When I download an ebook from Google play, however, I can't find where it put it. I can read it. I have to read it in the app PLAY BOOKS, but I can read it. It is not on my SD card. It is somewhere in the hard drive of this phone - at least I suppose it is.

So when this phone craps out, all of the files they were in the phone's hard drive are gone. Right?

Including all the books I downloaded from Google Play. Right?

I have more than a hundred books that I have downloaded from Google. All of them were free. It would annoy me greatly if I were to, for example, pay $15 for the latest Dick Patterson novel, and not be able to take it to another device.

Does anyone know where Google has hidden these damn things, so I can get them and put them on my SD card, where they will actually, you know, BELONG TO ME?

You should be able to change it's storage location Settings->Apps->Google Play and change it to SD card; and it should move them automatically.

Not sure where on your phone the files are for sure, but you should have a file manager of some kind that will let you browse for them. Mine are here:

My Files -> Internal Storage -> Android -> data -> com.google.android.apps.books 

I do have google.android.apps.books

But it's empty :(

And when I went to settings   apps   google play books, my choices were FORCED STOP and UNINSTALL.

Appreciate you trying, though.

Short answer is they are in a hidden protected folder and you cannot access them except via the app.

You can also access them from a PC via the Google play website.

15 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

And they don’t suddenly change into pc versions

I could cut the covers off and suddenly they would be paperbacks

Imis sorry , I went a little crazy there for a second

Archived