SASS Wire Forum

On to BLACK GOLD!!

Blackwater 53393

1 hour ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

TT

My app goes out tomorrow.  I will happy to teach either a RO1 or 2 class Thursday with you if you are still looking for a Black Pin.  The RO2 class would require the use of a shooting bay with targets for about 1.5 hours after the classroom session concludes.  Let me know.  Cass

Well there ya go....Cass is joining in the fun too.  Just two questions Cass....knowing how much you enjoy shooting BP will you be using the bay during the class and shoot some BP loads for your demo?  Also, will you also be offering the RO3 class, that's the one I've been waiting for! B)

Kajun

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cassalong Hopidy I will take you up on your offer. I have at least three that want RO1 and you are right ROII will take a while longer. I would like for you to teach ROI and let me help, I will offer a ROII class after I get my Black Pin. (Still have to teach a class on my own in front of one of the big guys). Can you make the arrangements with SASS to get the papers for about 10 people and I will help all you will let me. I will get the word out for Thursday afternoon so maybe we will have a full house.

I am looking forward to seeing you again, it has been a few years now.

2 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Cassalong Hopidy I will take you up on your offer. I have at least three that want RO1 and you are right ROII will take a while longer. I would like for you to teach ROI and let me help, I will offer a ROII class after I get my Black Pin. (Still have to teach a class on my own in front of one of the big guys). Can you make the arrangements with SASS to get the papers for about 10 people and I will help all you will let me. I will get the word out for Thursday afternoon so maybe we will have a full house.

I am looking forward to seeing you again, it has been a few years now.

I'll take care of the SASS end of things.  Not sure I have the latest PP slide deck but just in case, will we have a computer-compatible projector and screen?  PM me an email address please.  Thx

10 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Well there ya go....Cass is joining in the fun too.  Just two questions Cass....knowing how much you enjoy shooting BP will you be using the bay during the class and shoot some BP loads for your demo?  Also, will you also be offering the RO3 class, that's the one I've been waiting for! B)

Kajun

Looks like we are doing the RO1 class so I get to duck the BP demo (for now).  The RO3 class is a tough one--either ya got it or ya don't it seems.

KK, I don't think you qualify for ROIII, Pale Wolf says it requires common sense so...just saying.

TT....I guess no one at BG is qualified to take the RO3 class. 

Titus, you look scary. 

Kajun

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

TT....I guess no one at BG is qualified to take the RO3 class. 

Titus, you look scary. 

Kajun

If only common sense were a little more common.  Anyway, really looking forward to Black Gold ( my 4th) and to seeing Kajun and so many other friends north of my home state.

2 hours ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

For those of you who have been to Black Gold in the past, you'll understand.  For those of you who have never been and this is your first, well, you have been warned!:o

Titus Before and After Black Gold

11953237_10153585657788739_3623910749428921070_n.jpg

20190605_072549[1].jpg

That's after a week of working on site then shooting and partying.

It's a tough life.:lol:

We will be offering a ROI class at Black Gold this year. It will be Thursday afternoon. We try to get started at 2:00. We will need to get an idea of who will be attending.

This is from Cassalong Hopidy

With all the recent SASS rule changes, modifications and clarifications, now is the time to get up on the rules governing the sport we all love.  Toward that end, the RO1 class will be held at Black Gold on Thursday, July 18, 2019, in pavilion, beginning at 2:00 sharp so please be there a few minutes earlier to register and get your packet.  The class is being taught by Cassalong Hopidy and Tennessee Tombstone.  The registration fee ($25 for a new certification, $10 for those taking the class on a refresher basis) may be paid as you show up for the class but please let one of us know ahead of time so that we can plan accordingly.  Contact information is shown below.  You do need to be a SASS member and should have your SASS number handy when you show up.

The ROI course materials will be provided to you and current RO pins will be awarded at class conclusion to those who successfully complete the course.   You may wish to bring your own copy of the latest Shooter’s Handbook, V. 23.2, January 2019.  You can order a hand-sized version from SASS for $6—here’s the link:  https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/287999-hand-sized-sass-shooters-handbook/

Or you can print out a copy from the SASS website:  https://www.sassnet.com/Shooters-Handbook-001A.php

You shouldn’t need anything else unless you want to bring a pen for making notes.  We will have drinks (alas, non-alcoholic) and light snacks available.  We look forward to seeing you there.

Tennessee Tombstone: tntombstone@mindspring.com

Cassalong Hopidy:  cdv1875@comcast.net

You couldn't ask for better!!  I may just take a refresher!

Black Gold is getting close, I think there is still room for a few more shooters. Get your apps in and come on up/down/over to Pondarossa Pines and join our family reunion. By the way I am sure there will be a shoot somewhere in all the activities.

We need more folks to take the ROI class, sure had a bunch ask if we were going to have one. We need to get an idea of how many there will be so Cass can get the paperwork in order.

Six weeks and counting, I think I am shooting 5 of those weeks.

9 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

By the way I am sure there will be a shoot somewhere in all the activities.

This seems purdy secondary to the fun.

9 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

We need more folks to take the ROI class, sure had a bunch ask if we were going to have one. We need to get an idea of how many there will be so Cass can get the paperwork in order.

Well, if you need a warm body to fill a seat, I can fill at least half that requirement.:lol:

Not looking for warm bodies and I am sure there will be plenty for you to still do.:lol:

51 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Not looking for warm bodies and I am sure there will be plenty for you to still do.:lol:

I hope so.

Here's my favorite BG photo.:lol:

Wouldn't change a thing or miss it for the world.

20180717_094713_1554938643098.jpeg

Is there any chance of posting an updated list of shooters? With the mention of trouble getting applications delivered by USPS, I just wanted to make sure that Miss Kitty Kat and my applications got there.

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

Are they shoving you under the outhouse...or pulling you out of it?

:D

Mongo, Management is at EOT right now. It will be a week or so I am sure.

3 hours ago, Waimea said:

I hope so.

Wouldn't change a thing or miss it for the world.

20180717_094713_1554938643098.jpeg

Looks like Weennie Mennie has his tent back in there somewhere!

Kajun

On 6/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, Jackalope said:

Are they shoving you under the outhouse...or pulling you out of it?

:D

Pretty sure I was on my way out.

It does look like Titus is trying to hold me back though.:lol:

22 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Looks like Weennie Mennie has his tent back in there somewhere!

Kajun

I have camped on a septic tank and lived to tell the tale.:lol:

On 6/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Is there any chance of posting an updated list of shooters? With the mention of trouble getting applications delivered by USPS, I just wanted to make sure that Miss Kitty Kat and my applications got there.

Me too:o!

The anticipation is killing me!

Getting closer all the time!

Me Too!  Ol' Calvin comes up with the best Cowboy Olympics stuff when he's really amused!!

FOUR WEEKS or so!!  Get saddled up!!!

When Harley and I left the Heritage Inn in Manchester last year at the conclusion of Black Gold, I made reservations for 2 rooms- arriving July 17, departing July 21.

Even though Harley and I will not be able to attend Black Gold this year (first time ever since its inception), I called to verify my reservations so I could alert anyone still needing a room of my cancellation. Imagine my surprise when I was told I had two rooms reserved, but only for the 17th and 18th! So, if you have a reservation for the 19th and 20th, and would like to add a day or two to your stay, there are two rooms available as of this moment- for Wednesday and Thursday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time this year, and I'm sure we will miss seeing some great moments.

1 hour ago, Last Kiss, SASS #34954 said:

Even though Harley and I will not be able to attend Black Gold this year 

I am sad, I will miss seeing you both at Black Gold. :(

Gonna’ be fun around the pavilion!!  There’s going to be SEVERAL current, former, and future world champions in attendance, as is usually the case at the best party/family reunion/shooting match in or out of S.A.S.S!!!

CONGRATS!! Joe!

Now that the Warm-up match out in New Mexico is over we can get back to concentrating on Black Gold. Just three wees and counting.

25 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Now that the Warm-up match out in New Mexico is over we can get back to concentrating on Black Gold. Just three wees and counting.

Three wees?  Is that in reference to the physical need that occurs after ingesting "adult beverages"?  This is definitely a concern when attending Black Gold. :P

Almost four weeks if you don't do like some of us and come in like on Monday or the weekend before!!  It's like a roundup!!  The strays start wandering in and the herd just keeps on growin' and movin' ahead along the trail!!

Archived