SASS Wire Forum

On to BLACK GOLD!!

Blackwater 53393

Now that The Kentucky State match is in the books, IT'S TIME TO GET THE PARTY STARTED!!

The Black Gold Shootout is coming up fast!!  July 18th through July 20th is the ultimate Family Reunion!  Food, fun, games, entertainment, camping, more food, and OH YEAH!!  There's a Cowboy Shootin' match and other fun stuff with guns!!  Live music, a big fish fry, dessert and beverage contests, and the Cowboy Olympics are on the schedule as well as other neat stuff!!  

Just hit the link at the bottom of this post to get applications and information!!

https://ponderosa-pines.com/black-gold-1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to mention!!  There are several more new hookups for our guests who bring their homes with them!!  BUT!!  Call quick or they'll be gone!!

We were sad that we couldn't make it to the Kentucky state match, but our applications or on the way for Black Gold!  Copperhead and the gang must be exhausted after the Kentucky match.

I just need a sweet patch of grass for my tent.

My 5th BG.

Sure looking forward to it.

Waimea

WHYME!!  The plumbing was working fine last weekend!!  Ain't likely to freeze and bust 'tween now 'n' Black Gold!!  One chore you can probably cross off'n yer list!!:lol: :rolleyes:

Well, if Waimea and Mongo are gonna be there, I better go along to keep an eye on 'em.  

I'm optimistic that Anita will be able to compete.   

1 hour ago, Jackalope said:

Well, if Waimea and Mongo are gonna be there, I better go along to keep an eye on 'em.  

That's top shelf quality good news!!

22 hours ago, Waimea said:

I just need a sweet patch of grass for my tent.

My 5th BG.

Sure looking forward to it.

Waimea

Weeniemeanie, whilst I wuz at the KY state match I saw a fine patch of green grass just beyond Joe’s septic tank that would be just dandy for your 5th wheel tent. ;)

Kajun

On 5/9/2019 at 12:53 PM, Waimea said:

My 5th BG.

I've been to more BG's than you?  No way.

8 hours ago, Jackalope said:

You can be our witness.

Maybe I should let you hold the bail money.:lol:

If Anita can't compete, she can hold the bail money for all three of us.

28 minutes ago, MizPete said:

I've been to more BG's than you?  No way.

It just seems like I have been there more.

5 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Weeniemeanie, whilst I wuz at the KY state match I saw a fine patch of green grass just beyond Joe’s septic tank that would be just dandy for your 5th wheel tent. ;)

Kajun

I usually sleep in the graveyard at Ponderosa Pines. I think CHJ is thinkin' I need to get some practice in.:o

Did I mention that there are some new camping spots??

YES!!! They have electric hookups!

16 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Did I mention that there are some new camping spots??

Good news.  We thought that, at our age, we wouldn't live long enough to get an electrified spot.  We're BG alumni, but new to this camping thing.   Petey is determined, but I'm not sure if we'll have the camper in time.  The transport vehicle is bought, though -- yesterday, on the way to Jack B Nimble/Jill B Quick's daughter's graduation.  Not cancelling our hotel reservation yet & still fighting over whether the kittehs can come with.

Miss Kitty Kat would rather die than tent camp.  I took her camping in a very nice dome tent the first week of our marriage; we haven't camped again in the 42 years since.

I mentioned trying tent camping again at BG because it would far easier to walk/stagger back to the tent than navigate back to the hotel.  Needless to say, the boss put her foot down and we will be staying at the motel again.

22 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Miss Kitty Kat would rather die than tent camp.  I took her camping in a very nice dome tent the first week of our marriage; we haven't camped again in the 42 years since.

I mentioned trying tent camping again at BG because it would far easier to walk/stagger back to the tent than navigate back to the hotel.  Needless to say, the boss put her foot down and we will be staying at the motel again.

At least she'll come shoot with you.

Mine won't camp in a tent either. Never has, never will; and I quit asking 20 years ago. As to the shooting part I keep getting, "maybe someday when the kids are out of the house". 

Tyrel,

Mine wanted me to go to an out-of-town wedding which I didn't want to go to.  She said that she would do anything if I would go.  I threw her a curve ball by making cowboy shooting what she had to do.  She loves it now.  She did commandeer all my main match guns, but it was well worth it. 

10 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Tyrel,

Mine wanted me to go to an out-of-town wedding which I didn't want to go to.  She said that she would do anything if I would go.  I threw her a curve ball by making cowboy shooting what she had to do.  She loves it now.  She did commandeer all my main match guns, but it was well worth it. 

Smart man.

She voluntarily went to the ladies seminar that Dodge City Dixie put on at Wartrace a few years ago and really enjoyed it; so I do have hope. 

I wish Schoolmarm would get back into it!  She had a lot of fun back when Smokin' Joe Anderson had Possum Trot going!  After Bobcat Sparks and Smokin' Joe passed, she just lost a little of the spark and hung up her irons.  I still have all of 'em and I keep 'em limbered up, just in case.

I keep buying Mrs Waimea Cowboy guns but she is not interested. 

But I sure have a lot of nice guns.

Mrs Waimea is not interested in tent camping either.

We did it a couple times but the weather really did not cooperate. Once it went down to 30°. We sure got close that night.

I thought when Judge em All Duncan delivered hot breakfast that that might have been a turning point but she is purdy strong willed.

Waimea

We tent-camped when we were young & poor & Baby Girl was wee-tiny.  It was ok when the weather was nice but overall really kind of a pain.

There is nothing like camping on the range. Some of the best times I don't remember.

I have heard rumors that the target elves are at Pondarossa Pines this weekend moving targets. Cant wait to see what they come up with for Black Gold.

If Whiskey Creek has anything to do with target placement, it's gonna' be "INTERESTING!"!! :ph34r: :rolleyes: :lol:

On 5/13/2019 at 10:50 PM, MizPete said:

We tent-camped when we were young & poor & Baby Girl was wee-tiny.  It was ok when the weather was nice but overall really kind of a pain.

Flush toilets and hot shower on the range make it tolerable.

I can pretty much sleep anywhere (except a plane). I have slept through a couple hurricanes.

Sleeping in a tent  with an air mattress is piece of cake.

Waimea

• 2 weeks later...

It's time to start planning for Black Gold. Send in your apps and get signed up. I understand camping is filling up rather quickly but there is still room to sign up and get registered to shoot.

I am also looking for a Black Pin that needs to teach a RO class. I need to help teach another one and I hate to ask Shaddi to teach another just so I can help. I have heard there may be quite a bit of interest in a class. I personally would like to see a ROII class but ROI would work just as well.

Let me know and I will set something up with Copperhead.

So looking forward to getting back up to Manchester!!  It's been a rough spring and I need some smoke, some lemonade and apple pie, and some good folks to share it with!!

I've been asked if I am going to be straightening up all those hats that have suffered through the winter!!  YES!  I'm gonna' do it at least one more time!!  I'll set up on Wednesday and will work as I'm able on Wed. Thur. and Fri. The truth is, this is a great way to see a bunch of folks without chasin' 'em all over Ponderosa Pines!!  

Y'all come see me whether ya's need yer hats fixed or not!!

7 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

It's time to start planning for Black Gold. Send in your apps and get signed up. I understand camping is filling up rather quickly but there is still room to sign up and get registered to shoot.

I am also looking for a Black Pin that needs to teach a RO class. I need to help teach another one and I hate to ask Shaddi to teach another just so I can help. I have heard there may be quite a bit of interest in a class. I personally would like to see a ROII class but ROI would work just as well.

Let me know and I will set something up with Copperhead.

I'd like to attend an RO III class! ;)

Kajun

Everyone should audit the RO classes every couple of years in order to remain informed and current on the rules.

3 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Looks like somebody lost count somewhere around the 6th year.  That Copperhead juice is some powerful stuff.

And it flows like water around there!!

The sixth was so good we decided to repeat it. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Looks like somebody lost count somewhere around the 6th year.  That Copperhead juice is some powerful stuff.

You know, I pointed that out to CHJ a couple of years ago.  "You'll have that" he explained to me in true Ponderosa Pines fashion.:lol:

YESSIR!!

Just somethin’ else ta’ ruminate about whilst conversin’ over beverages!!

Archived