SASS Wire Forum

After much cogitation

I decided on a SIG 938 over the new Springfield Armory 911. I still like the Springfield but as it's new to the market, I'll wait a year or so to see if any problems crop up as far as functioning etc.

The SIG is pretty sweet. Fired a mag at the 10" plate at 15 yards just to see if I could hit it.

I hit it, so I put up a silhouette and danged if I didn't hit that too. Sweet little piece indeed.

About the same size as my Colt 380. Actually about 1/2" shorter in length and height. A wee bit thicker and a few ounces lighter due to the alloy frame but more bang power.

Then I realized all I have are some Federal FMJ range ammo. So I dug around the shelves in the man cave to see if I had any defensive ammo and guess what I found. A box of SIG 9mm.

Must be fate intended me to get the SIG. :D

Sigpic3.jpg

SIGtgt1.jpg

SIGtgt2.jpg

SIGammo.jpg

SIGandColt.jpg

SIGgandColtwidth.jpg

I don't pocket carry. I always use a quality iwb holster. I'll have to shop around a bit

I like the 938.

I find the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB to be comfortable for carrying in the 3:00 - 4:00 o'clock position.

1 hour ago, Chief Rick said:

I like the 938.

I find the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB to be comfortable for carrying in the 3:00 - 4:00 o'clock position.

I use Alien Gear for my 1911 and J frames as well. :)

40 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Stop it. You are making my billfold jealous.

Imis

I made mine thinner.

The 938 has been my EDC for over 5 years. I take it to the range several times a year and runs some rounds through it. Always reliable, quite accurate. 

You made a good choice IMO.

I love mine.  I always said if I ever found a 9mm as small as a .380 I'd buy it.  I ran across the P938 and was impressed.  Great shooter, less recoil than I expected from a tiny 9 and has not missed a lick since I got it.  I've had it about 3 years now.

Let us know what you decide on for an IWB holster.  I've just been using the plastic holster that came with mine when I got it.

Angus

The sticky holsters work really well for iwb for the 938. They also work well for in the pocket and the 938 does well in a front pocket. The sig plastic holster is good too. My colt often released the magazine in the pocket but the 938 only did it once

here is the holster I have used for 5 years. Bought it at a gun show. Only marking is "Made in Paraguay" very comfortable, with a leather tab that covers the top side of the weapon against your belly so it does not pinch you or transfer sweat. I am sure the major makers offer this style if it is something that suits you.

IMG_0663.jpeg

IMG_0664.jpeg

IMG_0665.jpeg

IMG_0666.jpeg

Archived