SASS Wire Forum

Rugged Gear Guncart Wheel Upgrade

Totes Magoats

Update, I now have the front wheel installed. Went to my father-in-law's shop today and he has a metal lave. Placed a bolt in the center hole of the bushing with washers on each end and a nut and placed the bolt in the metal lave. It spun nicely at a medium speed while I held the sandpaper partially wrapped around it. Took about 30 minutes but it worked perfectly. Presses it in with a vice and it's done.

Well I finally got the bushing sanded down and fit into place yesterday with the help from my old buddy Jerry by using the drill and sand paper. and now got to do a few other things and with some help from Larry who handles the carts now  I have him sending me some bearings for the cart so may end up using them. Will have to see how that goes. But all & all pilgrims the wheels look great work great so far and I feel like a happy camper with new toys.

Thanks for looking and will keep you updated.  My cart is a very first edition #1 early deluxe Tan & Leather model and have the tear drop looking bag up front. Will get some pictures later on for yah all.

JRJ & SP

On 6/3/2019 at 4:33 PM, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Thanks for this thread Totes Magoats. I ordered the kit as a result of seeing this. Very nice upgrade. They even explained how to reverse my rear brake holds. I bent them when I first got the cart by trying to push it with the brakes set. I was trying to order a pair to replace them when he explained that they had the brake hold on both sides and if you remove two c clips you could switch them side to side. Like new again!

Does everyone forget to take the brakes off when the carts are new?  I thought I was the only one.  Thanks for the fix info Hllbilly Drifter!

16 hours ago, Crusty said:

Does everyone forget to take the brakes off when the carts are new?  I thought I was the only one.  Thanks for the fix info Hllbilly Drifter!

I am going to try to swap sides with mine today.  Don't remember for sure , but probably goobered the brake at the first shoot I took it to , if not then , at the second one.:lol:  Have been using it three years or so.

Rex:D

Archived