SASS Wire Forum

Charles Daly 512

Lassiter brought me a Charles Daly 512 back in October and gave it to me at Bordertown.  I have been slowing my business down and never got around to working on it until a couple weeks ago.

The cocking arms were different than any I had ever seen, and I was skeptical of how light I could get the opening of the action.

Being a new design, I went through it a few hours a day for several days. When finished I was very thrilled with the way it turned out, my mistake was having sold it before I did the work, or I would be shooting it now.

The quality of the material used in construction of the gun seemed to be top quality.

Time will tell on how they will hold up through extensive use. I think that will also be positive.

Johnny Meadows

I'm glad there are options...….I think we went through all the SKB's. Funny how the companies think cowboy isn't that big of a market but when we get to likin' something it ain't around long. We even managed to buy up God knows how many 1897's. Marlin 32 rifles, Ruger 32 pistols most SKB's and BSS's and yet it's a small market? 

Anyway I'm glad there is another SXS added that looks promising. 

Thank JM.  Must be a good one.

54 minutes ago, Moe T Vator said:

is it just the 512?

I know Charles Daly is an older company, so do their older models run as well?

the new Charles Dalys are in name only,,, no connection to the old ones

1 hour ago, San Joaquin Shootist said:

Does anyone have a time frame when these will be available again?

your best bet is to contact Lassiter

Archived