SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a club in northern Idaho

Idaho Bob

Howdy!  

Thought I’d take a minute to introduce myself!  My name is Jeff and I own a small custom leather shop in North Idaho. After making a couple of SASS rigs, I’ve been bitten by the bug and I’m finally going to join. I’ve been putting it for about 10 years and I’ve run out of excuses.   I’m completely new and don’t have an alias yet. Looking for a club.  Any Idaho folks on here near Coeur D’Alene or the Silver Valley?  I’d sure like to meet some local folks who would be willing to recomend a good club and answer a few questions. 

I sure appreciate it! 

Howdy, Jeff.

Go to this page, accessible from the Home Page: https://www.sassnet.com/clubs/index.php

It looks like the closest club to you in Idaho is down in East Point.  But check the Washington clubs.  I'm sure there will be something across the river near Spokane that might be closer.

Good luck, bud.

MH

Marshal, Thank you! 

I did check that link last week. I’ll keep searching. I seem to be right in the center of a few clubs. 2 hrs in each direction. The east point club has closed from my understanding. That was going to be my first choice. I’ll keep searching, but it looks like Noxon club in Montana might be my best choice as far as drive time. 

I appreciate the help!  

Howdy Jeff,

The Windy Plains Drifters Club, Medical lake, WA appears to be your nearest choice (less than 1 hr drive)

Contact info can be found here. https://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=Washington

Their web site is down and probably will be that way for awhile.

PM me if I can help further.

muck

Panhandle Regulators in Otis Orchards. Just over the border via I-90.  If you can get to Post Falls, you can get to Otis Orchards.

2 hours ago, Palouse said:

Panhandle Regulators in Otis Orchards. Just over the border via I-90.  If you can get to Post Falls, you can get to Otis Orchards.

I appreciate it. Found this message on their website. Seems they don’t exist any longer. I keep finding messages similar with all local clubs except Noxon. I think that may be the last one standing nearby. This is why I was hoping to find a couple guys near me who shoot and might have been a member of one of these. I’m sure they have found new places to meet up. 

https://panhandleregulator.wixsite.com/panhandle

12 hours ago, Runamuck, SASS #49216L said:

Howdy Jeff,

The Windy Plains Drifters Club, Medical lake, WA appears to be your nearest choice (less than 1 hr drive)

Contact info can be found here. https://www.sassnet.com/clubs/Clubs_list.php?state=Washington

Their web site is down and probably will be that way for awhile.

PM me if I can help further.

muck

Runamuck, thank you!!! 

That may be the closest club yet! I will check them out! 

I sure appreciate it!!!!! 

-Jeff 

Jeff, you’re still in Pinehurst correct?  There are only 2 active clubs I could find in NE WA & N Idaho which are in Medical Lake and Colville.  The Noxon club is prob a little closer than the WPD’s in Medical Lake.  I’m really surprised there isn’t anything near you, especially with the Shoshone Co Public Range right there outside of Kellogg. 

2 hours ago, Colt6732 said:

Jeff, you’re still in Pinehurst correct?  There are only 2 active clubs I could find in NE WA & N Idaho which are in Medical Lake and Colville.  The Noxon club is prob a little closer than the WPD’s in Medical Lake.  I’m really surprised there isn’t anything near you, especially with the Shoshone Co Public Range right there outside of Kellogg. 

Ya, it’s crazy. I was shocked there isn’t anything going on nearby.  I think I’m going to join the guys in medical lake and hopefully, once I figure out what I’m doing, maybe I get get something going here at the Shoshone range.  Just sent a reply to your email!  Thank you! 

Much appreciated!!!

-Jeff 

Archived