SASS Wire Forum

2019 Tennessee State Championship

The applications are available for the Tennessee State Championship, October 10-12. Application is in the link below

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Thursday, side match day will also be "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day! We will again collecting money for the American Cancer Society.

Please consider booking your room early as there is a big concert the same weekend. Here is an alert from Papa Dave.

*****NOTICE INFORMATION NOTICE***** 
Any shooters planning to shoot the SASS Tennessee State Match 2019 Oct. 10-12, 2019 should consider booking rooms early due Manchester holding a Concert Called the “Exit 111 Festival” at the same time of our State Match. It will be held at the Bonnaroo grounds in Manchester at the I24 Exit 111 in Manchester. 
Hotels in Manchester will be going fast and I have indications at a much higher price. We suggest booking rooms in Tullahoma or Shelbyville. 
Any questions contact your SASS Tennessee State 2019 Planners 
Whiskey Hayes: Phone, 931 703 8274 Email, bill_may@b-f.com 
Papa Dave: Phone, 931 636 7115 Email, papadaveb17266@att.net 

There is a chance there may be a Red Knee/ Widder Shotgun Shoot-Off.

Thanks

Randy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info Randy.

As for the Red Knee vs. Widder continuation, there's a great chance both of us could be

last and next to last this year.   There are some dynamic, skillfully fast 97 shooters lying in wait

for the big ambush.  Plus, Red Knee has already started practicing.

On a more important note, one of the raffle items this year is suppose to be a new Henry Golden Boy Youth

with the Widder Soft Stroke mod and Slater trigger job.

PLEASE NOTE:  this rifle is donated to the Wartrace Regulators as an undesignated raffle item for the

proceeds to be used as the Wartrace Regulators deem necessary. 

And I also plan to sponsor the Speed Rimfire side match, assuming there will be one.

P.S. - If you wanna make Red Knee feel welcome to Tennessee, bring him a Snickers candy bar.  

He loves em..... really.

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I just grabbed one of those. How long to get to the range from there?

Me too, it's 20 minutes from the range.

13 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Econo lodge

Thanks, I reserved a room there. Looks like CBB did too. 3 left per booking.com :wacko:

Just now, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

The campground at Shelbyville also has spots for folks who want to rough it.

If I can get my uncle's camper I may cancel the Hotel. Not exactly roughing it I know, but cheaper than a hotel.

There are 2 corp of engineers campgrounds on Normandy Lake.  Barton Springs and Cedar Point.  Whispering Hills is also close to the range. 

We do still have around 40 sites in Shelbyville with full hookups and might be able to lock down more if there is enough interest.

Drifter

Just now, Scrub Oak Willie 53737 said:

Looks like a hour and 45min. drive for us each day, and no banquet  :(:(

There's still a few rooms in Shelbyville.

The campground we use is the Sale of Champions Campground in Shelbyville. I will talk to Ray and tell him he may want to leave the full campground open until after the match. He normally closes half of the grounds.

18 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

@Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 or anyone else really. What's the name of the campground that folks usually stay at? Seems like all hotels are booked and camping may be the most reasonable option at this point. 

Tyrel, glad Branchwater answered, looks like rooms are going fast.

Randy

Just booked a room at a new Hampton Inn in Fayetteville, TN.  I think that they have additional rooms available. 

2 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

I'm curious..hopefully I will be there next year..is there camping at the range ?

No, sorry we don't have camping on the range. Hopefully we can see you next year.

Randy

Looks like I may be able to rent out tent space at the buzzards nest by the square foot...

Course people'd have to watch out for killer buzzards. And bigfoots' cousin Leroy. He aint as harry as bigfoot but he's got the stink eye and a bad limp.

Gonna miss you guys this year:wacko:

Took Randys advice and booked a Airbnb in Shelbyville . Thanks

Talked to Scarlett and she convinced me to go that route, canceled the Hotel.  Did you get the one at the Horse farm?

There's a bunch of Airbnb in the area.

Tyrel : Yes it a the horse farm.

YeeHa!!! Mustang and I are there too. And one other cowboy/cowgirl that shall remain nameless ;)

On 5/6/2019 at 9:04 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

@Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 or anyone else really. What's the name of the campground that folks usually stay at? Seems like all hotels are booked and camping may be the most reasonable option at this point. 

Maybe y'all can break some broncs while you're there!:D

Randy

Archived