SASS Wire Forum

Best. Prank. Ever.

Not sure if this would work, BUT heard that someone froze a shaving cream can with liquid nitrogen. Then--- cut the bottom off and threw in some a holes car. As it warmed the cream filled the car.:D Sounds hilarious to me!

About 30 years ago when I lived in Arizona a friend of mine and someone that I did business with opened a Baskin Robbins franchise. Well my real last name is one of the names in Baskin Robbins so the first time I visited with my four kids I told the ice cream server that I was Mr. so and so and I was here to inspect. I even showed her my I.D. so she could see that I was the “real deal”. Well we all got our ice cream free that day because of who I was. 

Over the next few months I pulled that a few more times and thought it was pretty funny. Well one day I got a phone call at my office from the owner of the franchise, my friend and he told me that he was onto me. I asked him how he found out about it and he told me that he’d installed security cameras and caught them not charging me for my ice cream. We both got a pretty good chuckle out of that one. He even had a little notice put up behind the counter that I was not entitled to free ice cream.

I pranked one of the Sea Cadets that used to help out at EOT with the BR free ice cream. A BR franchisee from ABQ had a mobile ice cream cart and would bring it out to the ranch and sell ice cream. The first day that he came through we got to visiting and I told him I was part of the BR hierarchy and showed him my drivers license. He thought that was pretty neat and every time I’d go down to EOT town I’d stop by the cart and he’d give me a free ice cream cone. Everyday when he’d come through the gate he’d bring me a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich or something, real nice guy. Anyway I had a cadet working with me and I told him all day long that I’d take him down for an ice cream cone when we got off and he told me that he didn’t have any money for it and I told him that he didn’t need money that the guy was giving away ice cream. The cadet didn’t believe me. So that afternoon we closed up and headed down to town and ended up at the BR ice cream cart and we each ordered a cone with two scoops and thanked the guy and started to walk away and the cadet says hey you need to pay for it and the guy says no he gets free ice cream. The cadet is incredulous. Up at the gate the next morning I paid for the cadets ice cream, we got a pretty good laugh out of that one too.

4 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Not sure if this would work, BUT heard that someone froze a shaving cream can with liquid nitrogen. Then--- cut the bottom off and threw in some a holes car. As it warmed the cream filled the car.:D Sounds hilarious to me!

One that I heard of in a Vietnam documentary was that one guy liked to prank his buddies while they were sleeping by spraying some shaving cream in the palm of their hand, then tickling their nose with a feather. SLAP!!!

I've had it done to me, and also have done it to others. CS spray into the intake vents of a patrol car.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Smoken D said:

I've had it done to me, and also have done it to others. CS spray into the intake vents of a patrol car.:rolleyes:

That works with jerks that cut you off on your motorcycle and they have the AC on with their windows up. Vacated the car pretty quickly...or so I have heard :rolleyes:

I have no diea what you gentlemen are talking about.

I know nothing about how the stuck up girl that thought she was better than everybody that I went to high school with discovered one day that her Karmen Gia got put on top of that concrete picnic table that used to be out in front of the gym.

I also have no idea how the nosy little heifer in the band that liked to get people suspended by telling tales found out that her Chevy Chevette ended up between 3 pine trees and a stump. 

Although, I DID help get it out after her Daddy drove up and unfolded out of his wrecker.  As memory serves, he looked to be about 6 foot 14 and had a ton of coal beat by at least 2 passes through the buffet.  I've never heard the suspension on a wrecker creak like that one did when he got out of the cab.  He got out, walked around the car and told her, "What did I tell you about snitchin'?"  Then, he looked over at the group of guys I was hanging out with in the parking lot- all coincidental and all- and asked if we would 'give him a hand'.  Being the fine and upstanding sorts, we were quite happy to oblige.

Many moons ago I managed a two way radio shop in Arizona and we had a number of police and fire departments that we serviced. I learned early on that cops liked to prank cops and firefighters liked to prank firefighters and each other. Well during the Regan years and the Just Say No to drugs that Nancy Regan started one of the local departments decided to join the D.A.R.E effort and field their own DARE officer and car. The officer was a fairly nice guy but Mr. Straight Arrow all of the way. They brought this Volkswagen Rabbit in that they had tried to turn into a police car that NONE of the officers liked and wanted to turn it into a DARE car. There was a tech that worked for me that was an electronics genius and I turned the project over to him with the understanding that he’d work on it when there were not other customers or radios to service. He jumped into it like he was a new daddy. He had bunches of ideas and the DARE officer and him would spend hours talking and scheming about what this car would do, the Bat mobile would be a covered wagon compared to this. 

Well after a couple of months the car was just about ready and I have to admit it was pretty neat. The tech had wired a cassette recorder to the P.A. system and using a remote key fob the cassette would start and stop. The officer had come up with a script that he would play to and ask the car questions and the car would answer. The tech had even come up with a circuit so when the car was talking the headlights would brighten and dim with the tone of the officer. Pretty cool right? Well the DARE officer used to be a bike cop and when the DARE opportunity came up he jumped at it. When the car was ready he wanted to do a big presentation in our shop to the head copshop folks, the chief and the two command lieutenants. We scheduled it and a couple of days before the big day one of the lieutenants called me up and wanted to have lunch with the tech that built the DARE car. So I got them together and they went out to lunch.

The day of the big DARE car coming out came and we had cleared out the bays and cleaned them up and brought the DARE car in and cleaned and polished it and put some folding chairs out for all of the “dignitaries” to sit on. Well everybody showed up and my techs and I were standing off to one side and the DARE officer started his program and the first two or three questions that he asked the car went pretty well and then the wheels came off. The tech that built the DARE car had his own remote and when the DARE officer had finished with a question and the car answered and then the tech hit the remote again and OMG the stuff that came out of that DARE car would curl your hair. The DARE car informed the audience that DARE stands for “drugs are really excellent” I’m  horrified and thinking I’ve just lost one of my best customers and I turn to my tech to ask him “What the HELL are you doing”? And he had turned around and all I could see of him was this shaking body. I went around in front of him and he was laughing so hard tears were coming down his face. I looked back at the assembled audience and the DARE officer was so red I though his head would explode but the other cops in attendance including the chief and two command lieutenants were laughing so hard they were crying too. It turns out that the chief was the instigator of the whole thing and the lieutenant that called to have lunch with the tech was the one that set it all up. 

Once upon a time, in a amusement park not so far away I worked for a boss who was a real a-hole and who had a couple of assistants who could best be described as his own personal hemorrhoids.  They were making life miserable for all three shifts.  It got to be around the holidays and everyone needed a bit of cheering up, so I took matters into my own hands.  I've been told that I have a bit a of a knack for poetry, so I sat down and wrote a poem using "T'was the Night Before Christmas" as the model form.  In the poem, I berated the boss, his lackeys, policies and generally poked fun at everyone I could (it helps to know that I have a very sharp, sarcastic sense of humor).  Copies of the poem were carefully spread out in several of the work areas.  The bosses flew into an instant uproar- got so riled up that they actually came in on Christmas day!  Called me in the office, interrogated me, threatened me with my job.  Swore that I did it, but had no proof at all.  The crew, however, had their spirit meters pegging the high end!  They loved it.  Come next Christmas, everyone started talking about the poem again, wondering if there was going to be another and even suggesting who should be mentioned in it and why.  I had a glut of information to draw from, and I'm also not too bright sometimes, so I put together another the second year---and the next year, and the next year!  The bosses were livid.  After all that time, they still couldn't prove that I was doing it, and try as they might, they couldn't catch me delivering the thing (even tried searching me one Christmas Eve to try and catch me with a copy on my person).  No such luck!  The fifth year, I finally transferred to the hotel side of the house and the poems stopped.  That was almost twenty years ago, and if you go back, you can still hear the old-timers talk about the Christmas poems.  Some even take a great deal of pride in the fact that they have a copy of all four carefully stashed away in a file, locker, or tool box and they take them out and read them at Christmas, just to bring a smile to their faces.   

Over about a five year period the Sea Cadets out of the Bataan Academy in ABQ helped out at the ranch at EOT. They would come out and set up camp with tents, cots, kitchen facilities and everything and be involved in everything at the event. The first year that they had the cadets helping out on the first morning that I was at the gate, this old Toyota pickup pulls up driven by this kid that looked like he was 12 years old and could barely see over the steering wheel. I stopped him and gave him a bad time about barely being out of diapers and such and that he was to young to drive. Well he gets a little upset and shows me his drivers license and he is indeed 16 years old. I told him to tell his CO that he wanted to work up at the main gate. Well about an hour later here he comes. I called him to attention and informed him that he would be referred to as Private Pyle for the duration.  He agreed and we had a great time. That kid knew every off color, dirty joke ever told and when his younger brother showed up later in the event he knew the rest of them. Anyway to this day we keep in contact, he’s married now with a couple of kids.

Every cadet that they’d send up there over the years was Private Pyle, most everyone of them knew who Private Gomer Pyle was except for the last cadet. Cadet E we’ll call him had no idea who Private Gomer Pyle was so I built him up to be a real USMC hero. WWII, Korea and Vietnam Private Pyle was there. I told him all about Pyles exploits and how in the final episode he was awarded the MOH. Cadet E was absolutely amazed because he’d never heard of him so I told him to go down to Blockbuster (they still had them back then) and rent the final episode of Gomer Pyle, USMC and it would tell the whole story.

The next morning I’m up at the gate and cadet E gets dropped off and he’s very quiet. He won’t even accept the breakfast burrito that had been delivered that I didn’t want that he normally would wolf right down. So I ask him what’s up and he says “You lied to me”. And I said “How so”. And he says “There is no Gomer Pyle USMC Medal Of Honor.” So I said “What makes you think so?” And he says “ I went down to Blockbuster last night looking for the last episode of Gomer Pyle, USMC, and they didn’t have it so I asked the clerk where it is and she said she’d never heard of it and called the manager and when I told him what I was looking for he told me the truth about Gomer Pyle”. And I said “ How do you know he’s telling the truth”? He says “Because when I got home I asked my Dad who Gomer Pyle was and he told me the same thing”. I feel kinda bad about pranking that kid but he fell for it hook, line and sinker.

On 5/8/2019 at 5:06 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A prank that was pulled on me, and a darn good one, was the guys at my shop knew I was going on vacation so they pulled a good one one me.

The morning of my last day at work for two weeks I commented that I heard a funny noise coming from my truck on the way into work and that I hoped it wouldn’t be a problem. I was headed into the mountains to do some hunting.

At the end of the work day I wished everyone well and headed through the shop and out the door. It felt nice. It seemed everyone from first shift and some from second were there to see me off and wish me well.

I got into my truck and backed it up. The most gawd-awful noises came out from under my truck but went away as soon as I stopped. I thought the trans was self destructing. I put it in first gear to move forward and had the same terrible noise.

My heart sank, I immediately cursed the vacation gods, my mind was going a mile a minute on what the heck was wrong and then I saw them. About 20 beaming laughing faces through the windows in the heavy repair bay door windows.

They got me! :lol:

These characters fasten several long heavy duty zip ties to my drive shaft. I had to crawl under and cut them off with my knife.

That was one of the best pranks I have seen and it got pulled on me...:D

Guys I worked with did that to a guy once.  But that guy wasn't as smart as you.  Monday we found out that he drove it right into a dishonest mechanic's shop and got charged a thousand bucks to "rebuild" his transmission.  But at least he got it done quick and didn't ruin his weekend. 

Most of the best pranks can't be repeated here.  The guys at one place i worked used to like to mess with each other's trucks.  They all drove company trucks, I had my personal truck there.  I told them it was going to be ugly if they ever jacked with my baby and they never did.  But the best truck prank was filling one guy's air vents up with baby powder.  He said a month later he'd hit a bump in the road and a little puff of powder would come out. 

One time he was on vacation and we got some gumption, so we spent about $200 on aluminum foil and wrapped his entire office. 

One guy thought it would be funny to virtually t-bag me.  So he stole my phone and took a picture of his nether regions with it and set it as the background.  Well, I caught on pretty quick and deleted it without having to look at it.  But by the end of the day, the ladies in the front office were coming back to my office wanting to see the picture.  As it turns out, this guy used to date one of the daughters of one of those ladies, so I hatched some revenge.  I faked an email that looked like it had been sent to every female in the office, starting with that cute receptionist and including his ex girlfriend who was currently in medical school, BTW.  The fake email from her back to her mother noted that she didn't remember that lump from when they were dating and that he should see a doctor.  I sent that to the mom, and had her forward it to my prankster.  I don't know if he ever went to a doctor, but he spent 2 days dissecting the email headers and came to the conclusion that it was real and called me all kinds of names for lying about deleting the picture.  The funniest part of it was that all the ladies were upset that I had really actually deleted the photo.  Even the dude's current girlfriend was calling me wanting the picture. 

But I think the best prank I ever saw was when our safety guy (John) got a biohazzard bag.  I don't know who gave it to him or why, and he didn't need it.  So he decided to put it on the desk of a guy who was kind of quiet and kept to himself (Bill).  Attached to the bag he left a sticky note that said he needed a stool sample as soon as possible.  Bill was already at lunch.  So we went to lunch thinking he'd laugh it off.  But no, when we got back from lunch we saw ole bill with bag in hand headed for the bathroom.  It's a good thing for John that we didn't take an executive lunch that day because I think we all know what was coming next.  Truth be told, I wouldn't have stopped him if John hadn't been there because that bag wasn't coming back to my office, and the only thing better than a good prank, is a good prank that backfires. 

Archived