SASS Wire Forum

Another type of phone scam...one ring calls.

Pat Riot

I saw this article this morning. It’s reminiscent of the Bahama scam from a few years ago where you call a number left on voicemail and you end up paying $20 a minute for a call back.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/FCC-warning-against-One-Ring-scam-calls-509507441.html

Just Me  but if you call me and I don't answer and you don't leave a message  Sorry for your luck because I will not call you back.

I look at the calls this way if your call is important leave a message . Some days 6 or more robo calls . If you answer , then hang up that just tells the computer that this is an active number and your number is called again .

I got phone calls from a number one number away from mine I didn't answer it  then the next call was one number farther away.

this whet on for days 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I saw this article this morning. It’s reminiscent of the Bahama scam from a few years ago where you call a number left on voicemail and you end up paying $20 a minute for a call back.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/FCC-warning-against-One-Ring-scam-calls-509507441.html

Thanks Pat it is hard to keep up with all the new and old tricks people try to pull on us

2 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

Just Me  but if you call me and I don't answer and you don't leave a message  Sorry for your luck because I will not call you back.

I look at the calls this way if your call is important leave a message . Some days 6 or more robo calls . If you answer , then hang up that just tells the computer that this is an active number and your number is called again .

I got phone calls from a number one number away from mine I didn't answer it  then the next call was one number farther away.

this whet on for days 

6 0r more a day?

I've gotten 6 or more before breakfast a couple of times and there are days when I still get up to 20.

I signed up for the Verizon robo call package.  It really seems to cut down on the calls I get.  I was getting 5-6 a day before.  I tried their 10 free trial and they cut it down to 1 a day.  The caller's name appears on my screen even if they aren't in my phone book.   I have almost eliminated the robo calls.  I think it's about $3.00 a month on the cell phone bill.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I signed up for the Verizon robo call package.  It really seems to cut down on the calls I get.  I was getting 5-6 a day before.  I tried their 10 free trial and they cut it down to 1 a day.  The caller's name appears on my screen even if they aren't in my phone book.   I have almost eliminated the robo calls.  I think it's about $3.00 a month on the cell phone bill.

I may try that package

I got three in one hour from MY OWN NUMBER AND MY OWN NAME.

Third one I picked up and snarled "I do NOT treat with liars, this better be GOOD!"

Multiple ringing clicks as if it was coming from overseas.

No calls since.

Archived