SASS Wire Forum

Found a fun way to answer the phone...

I saw a meme on Facebook a few days ago that said to answer unknown callers on your phone with “It’s done, but there’s blood everywhere” and see if you get a response. So a couple of days ago my cell phone howled (howling coyote ringtone) and the number wasn’t in my contacts list. Normally I just ignore those calls and they go away without leaving a message. This time I answered it, and in a loud whisper said, “Okay, it’s done but there’s blood everywhere!” Silence on the line for about five seconds or so, then “beep”, whoever it was hung up. I personally found it immensely entertaining... :D

Until they call the police, and they trace the call to your cell phone.  Then you will have some 'splainin to do. :o

1 hour ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Until they call the police, and they trace the call to your cell phone.  Then you will have some 'splainin to do. :o

They called me, I didn't call them... :D

7 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Given that the calls are made by a computer I doubt the scammer on the other end has any way of knowing the number they are connected to. 

My dad was assistant superintendent of Nashville's jail for a time in the late '60/early '70s.  When at home during that time and for many years after, without thinking, he'd answer the phone, "Metro Jail!"  I'm certain he did it on purpose from time to time!  Would have loved to be wherever the caller was when it happened!!  :lol:

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

My dad was assistant superintendent of Nashville's jail for a time in the late '60/early '70s.  When at home during that time and for many years after, without thinking, he'd answer the phone, "Metro Jail!"  I'm certain he did it on purpose from time to time!  Would have loved to be wherever the caller was when it happened!!  :lol:

I used to answer my house phone with “County Morgue”. Got lots of hang ups. 

1 minute ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I prefer Cold Shot Beer and Billiards and just asking if I can 'he'p' them with the country Southern accent turned up to 11.

I can't get my drawl below 14. :lol:

Up until I got rid of my house phone I would answer it "HEAVEN....... God speaking".

People that knew me just laughed.....

Telemarketers were SILENT.

18 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Were you at KY state this weekend?

At Ponderosa Pines they call me Miss Bobbie.  Other places I'm Mrs. Pete.   I scored you on Posse 4 & ProSteel.

2 minutes ago, MizPete said:

At Ponderosa Pines they call me Miss Bobbie.  Other places I'm Mrs. Pete.   I scored you on Posse 4 & ProSteel.

Thank you for doing that! 

Next time we're at a match together, if I don't introduce myself feel free to hit me upside the head with the score-book.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:18 PM, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

“County Morgue, you stab ‘em, we slab ‘em!”  We had a lot of fun as kids in the ‘50s.

Seamus

Years ago, long before I was born, my late uncle had a fraternity brother whose father was an undertaker. They used to answer the phone, "You call, we a haul!" The same fraternity brother, when tying the bow ties for formal dances, would make the guys lay down on the dining room table.  Claimed that was the only way he could tie a tie! :rolleyes:

Archived