SASS Wire Forum

WTB Winchester 1866 44 40 or 45 colt

Wanted to see what was available before I go looking elsewhere.   Love buying from cowboys.  Want one 95 % or better and a winchester.  One that has been shot a few times or maybe a safe Queen that someone needs to thin out the herd.  Pm me what you have and how much. Thanks

BB

Are you looking for an original Winchester, a Miroku/Winchester, or a Uberti reproduction?  (Stay away from the Chaparrals)

as has been noted the originals only came in .44 Henry rimfire.  You'd need an 1873 for .44-40 (and no rifle of the era was ever chambered in .45 Colt)

I haven't seen any Miroku/Winchesters in '66 yet, you'd probably have to order them new through your dealer and wait on them.

Ubertis would be no problem.  You'll find them here!

I have a like new .45 Colt Uberti 1866 rifle (24 inch octagon barrel) I have never shot.  Got it in a trade with the goal of trading it for an 1873 in .45 Colt.  If interested in the 1866, let me know.  Thanks. 

9 hours ago, McCandless said:

Are you looking for an original Winchester, a Miroku/Winchester, or a Uberti reproduction?  (Stay away from the Chaparrals)

as has been noted the originals only came in .44 Henry rimfire.  You'd need an 1873 for .44-40 (and no rifle of the era was ever chambered in .45 Colt)

I haven't seen any Miroku/Winchesters in '66 yet, you'd probably have to order them new through your dealer and wait on them.

Ubertis would be no problem.  You'll find them here!

Wasnt looking for any one brand.  Just wanted 44 40 or 45 colt.  Think I found what I wanted.  Will mark found after deal complete.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived