SASS Wire Forum

WTB - USFA 1873 45 Colt

Not real clear on what you are looking for. If you want to pair the one in the picture it is not a Rodeo. If you just want a Rodeo then I understand. Just don't want you to be disappointed should you purchase a Rodeo and wind up with a mat finished gun. Here is a picture of a Rodeo.

rodeo.jpg

Boy, you fellers are on yer game every second! We'll then I just learned sumpin. I guess it's just a "1873 Colt" then.

That's what I'm after

That said, one a these Rodeo's posted here wouldn't be a sorry match.

Is there any difference besides finish?

21 minutes ago, Fast Freddy said:

Yes there is a difference...One lives at your house and other one lives somewhere else...What you are hoping for is two living at your house...I am sure there is one somewhere looking for a mate...A good breeding pair does not hurt...You can hope for offspring...

Texas Lizard

13 hours ago, Fast Freddy said:

Boy, you fellers are on yer game every second! We'll then I just learned sumpin. I guess it's just a "1873 Colt" then.

That's what I'm after

That said, one a these Rodeo's posted here wouldn't be a sorry match.

The USFA from Hoss is a good deal. In regards to USFA, the finish is pretty much the only difference between the standard and the rodeo. There are some subtle differences between USFA and a Colt. USFA used uberti specs instead of colt, for the most part, so you have a slightly beefier cylinder, which many find preferable on a 45 colt, since the walls are so thin. Many folks will state that the USFA guns are the very best made single actions ever. The Rodeos are also highly sought after by folks looking to get one engraved since the finish has to be stripped anyway, and the price point is better. Oh and one other thing to be wary of with USFA is that the early stuff was made by uberti and assembled by USFA. The one above by Hoss is an all USA made one.

Archived