SASS Wire Forum

U.S. ARMY OFFICERS HAT

Here is a nice Officers Field hat.  It's in very good condition,  the felt is in excellent condition and has  a smooth texture. 

There is no label and I am guessing it is about a size 7 1/2.

There is a leather strap for under the chin, and can be worn on the back of the head.

The Eagle Medallion  is stunning and is attached with a screw clasp built into the hat on the front and back.

There is a light stain on the back band caused by the leather strap, hardly noticeable.

Price is $40.00 + Shipping is $9.75 

I will take Pay Pay, Certified Bank Check, USPS Money Order.

Militery Hat-5.jpg

Militery Hat-1.jpg

Militery Hat-2.jpg

Militery Hat-6.jpg

Two Ponies,

What is the width of the brim and the height of the crown?  It is a nice hat that reminds me of the ones that my drill sergeants wore in basic training in the U.S. Army.  Thanks.

Buckeye Pete

Having been an officer, I don't believe that to be an officers hat.  It was for an enlisted Drill Sargent or might have been one worn by Boy Scout Leaders.

42 minutes ago, Flanigan Flats said:

Good start to a wild bunch hat!

That it is.

20 hours ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

Having been an officer, I don't believe that to be an officers hat.  It was for an enlisted Drill Sargent or might have been one worn by Boy Scout Leaders.

Agree. Officers wear a hat cord and chin strap. Enlisted personnel use the leather strap as shown. The Marine Corps officer's field hat uses a scarlet and gold hat cord with acorns. I believe the Army uses a branch colored cord-blue for infantry, red for artillery, yellow for cavalry, etc.

Classic example of a US Army Drill Sergeant's hat.  I actually have my father's, still in his brim press.  Maybe I should take it out and see if it fits- could be a great addition to my range wear.

This hat has been  SOLD--Thanx

Two Ponies

If I remember correctly, the Drill Sergeants with the Smokey Bear Hats were the only ones who did not take their hats off in the Mess Hall.  I guess they were easier to spot that way.

Archived