SASS Wire Forum

Tags under your alias

I notice lots of members have "tags" under their alias like  "Sass Wire Vet", or "Member", and other things.  Where do these come from, and what delineates which "tag" you get?

I think they come from the moderators.  I believe they have the ability to change them, either on a time schedule or as they see fit.  Ex Alpo's tag of "Perpetually Perplexed"

There are some defaults that are set by the software and based on number of posts; Sass Wire Vet and Member are two of those defaults. There are some however that are set by the admins, for example "Hummingbird Thumbs".

I usta have one of the "special" ones under my Alias, but I made somebody mad and they took it away!!

And YES!!  :o  I've been known to make trouble from time to time!!  :lol: <_< :rolleyes:

The Mods can't do these. Only the Admins.

I have hoped for the tag "Master of the Universe" for a very long time but....I guess I am only worthy to be a "member"

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have hoped for the tag "Master of the Universe" for a very long time but....I guess I am only worthy to be a "member"

"A man's got to know his limitations!" LOL

Yeah, I've often kind of wondered what others would put down for me.

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You'd have it now, if I still had Super Powers. Thank God I don't.

A few updates ago, they quit changing with a specified number of posts.

I used to sign my name Allie Mo (no e). Then one day, Black Harris gave me Vet-e.

I gave a few. One person didn't like his. So, I removed it. I confess that I gave and took away Blackwater's. I don't even remember what it was. I don't remember why I removed it.

17 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I can't decide on a tag.  Maybe . . . . . . never mind.

I was quite proud to discover one day that I had been upgraded to "Retired Curmudgeon!"  ^_^

As such, I no longer have a boss, and can now be Curmudgeonly at my leisure...!  :lol:  

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

There are some defaults that are set by the software and based on number of posts; Sass Wire Vet and Member are two of those defaults. There are some however that are set by the admins, for example "Hummingbird Thumbs".

"Hummingbird Thumbs".......... hmmmmmmm, now thats a nice, respectable name.  :D

..........Widder

On 5/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

I usta have one of the "special" ones under my Alias, but I made somebody mad and they took it away!!

And YES!!  :o  I've been known to make trouble from time to time!!  :lol: <_< :rolleyes:

Oh, perish forbid.  Say it isn't so.  YOU have made trouble for others.?  You must have had a terrible youth and early adult years. 

23 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Oh, perish forbid.  Say it isn't so.  YOU have made trouble for others.  must have had a terrible youth and early adult years. 

What are these “adult years” you speak of? :unsure:

I recall when SASS Wire Vet attached to anyone with over 100 posts.  Back on the old Wire I had 10 or 11 thousand.  I am not that prolific any longer..........I think!

52 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

The years in between your 2 childhoods

39 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yep.  :P

Forty already knows!!  Schoolmarm will loudly ask, “Just when do you think his FIRST childhood ended??”  :o  :lol:

1 hour ago, Nubbins Colt #7802 said:

I recall when SASS Wire Vet attached to anyone with over 100 posts.  Back on the old Wire I had 10 or 11 thousand.  I am not that prolific any longer..........I think!

Which old wire? I think we're on about the 4th gen. since I came on.And I think you were here when I got here. I lost a b*tt load of posts somewhere along the line. Not that it matters much. Pay is still the same. ;)

JHC

7 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I notice lots of members have "tags" under their alias like  "Sass Wire Vet", or "Member", and other things.  Where do these come from, and what delineates which "tag" you get?

I don't know where mine came from but it is SO accurate and apropos that I see no reason to do anything but admire it.

Are you the type that would fire up your amp and start blasting metal in the outhouse because you were digging the acoustics off the wooden walls?

Or are you the type they would wait until great aunt Susie was in it, and then go try to tip it over?

Which kind of outhouse rocker are you?

18 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Which old wire? I think we're on about the 4th gen. since I came on.And I think you were here when I got here. I lost a b*tt load of posts somewhere along the line. Not that it matters much. Pay is still the same. ;)

JHC

The original Wire which did update a time or two when I was on it but we didn't lose post counts.  Somewhere between the time I stopped writing and when I came back in the very recent past an update deleted all of my old posts.  Which is fine because when I came back I got a bonus and a pay raise, probably double or triple what you got............  :lol:

I belong to one group that has me tagged as "Well-Known Member."  No-one there has ever explained how my member got to be well-known.

• 2 weeks later...

As a fun aside, among the many skills I picked up, more or less, in Navy Intelligence was the ability to follow someone undetected.  When doing it as a member of a team the "target" might be passed along from street to street as part of the avoidance of detection.  This is all done via various communication devices.  The euphemism used for the person who is the target of the surveillance, at least back 20+ years ago, was "package", as in "the package just crossed Main and Elm and is headed to North Tenth Street".  Somehow I think the term "package" is not quite that useful any longer.........BICBW......   :P

Archived