SASS Wire Forum

May Day May Day May Day

We had sleet here this morning, is this winter ever going to end.

But ... but ... I thought we were all going to melt from global warming ... 
You mean I them absolutely trustworthy politician type fellers (gasp, shudder) LIED TO ME???

May Day 60 years ago today, MCAF Iwakuni. Local communist demonstrators raised a ruckus at the base entrance and were met with fire hoses from the base fire department. Meanwhile, the seawall that ran behind my house was lined with armed Marines on the lookout for any demonstrators who might scale the wall. None did that I recall. Pretty exciting day for a 6-year old.

Oh, this post is a about the weather. Lots of rain here. :rolleyes: 

31 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

But ... but ... I thought we were all going to melt from global warming ... 
You mean I them absolutely trustworthy politician type fellers (gasp, shudder) LIED TO ME???

It’s not global warming now. It’s Climate Change.

That way anytime the weather is different from last week they can say, “See? We told ya!”

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

:rolleyes:

61C3BAA2-19AC-440D-9329-925F1368DB70.jpeg

A49A8FF2-5049-409F-A5A9-8348D6F0D78B.jpeg

That's what it looks like at our place when the cottonwoods start shedding.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That way anytime the weather is different from last week they can say, “See? We told ya!”

I think you have found the source of the issue, Bob.  

Sunny and 60'isn today.

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Lessee. I'm not a climatologist (H*LL maybe I'm as good as they are) but pretty sure the climate has been changing since about the second day the Good Lord created the earth.

JHC

4" of rain over 24 hours and will be hit again tonight. Rain is predicted over the next 2 weeks every day except this Saturday. Don't know after that!:wacko:

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Station calling mayday, what is your position?

Supine, over. ;)

2 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Lessee. I'm not a climatologist (H*LL maybe I'm as good as they are) but pretty sure the climate has been changing since about the second day the Good Lord created the earth.

JHC

A recent discovery of some Neanderthal bones, accompanied by indications that the Earth had warmed rapidly over only a few years time, indicated that to combat starvation those dudes were...uh...doing what Alferd Packer was alleged to have done to those guys he wintered with in the Rockies.  I do not doubt that climate change is occurring...but I DO NOT we really understand why, nor do I think the climatologists know!!  Bone apatit!

Has anyone else besides me eaten at the Alferd Packer Grill at the University of Colorado?  

Tasty!! :P

59 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Has anyone else besides me eaten at the Alferd Packer Grill at the University of Colorado?  

Tasty!! :P

Been awhile, but last time the Mars Society had their convention at CU....  Good stiff!  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Been awhile, but last time the Mars Society had their convention at CU....  Good stiff!  :rolleyes:

Alferd Packer is sometimes referred to as a good stiff indeed. :lol: Oh no, I mean he enjoyed a good stiff.

He was tried and convicted of murder and cannibalism.  The judge said something to the effect that there were "four Demmycrats in that county, and you et three of them" or something like that.  He plead not guilty to murder.  He is sometimes, allegedly quoted as saying, "Meat's meat!"  Eventually,  he was pardoned by President Theodore Roosevelt. 

HEY ! UTAH BOB!!

Trade ya our flooding in Ottawa and Gatineau for your cold weather and snow!!

Archived