SASS Wire Forum

Can you remove a text message after it's sent?

Alpo

Web comic.

Zadie gets a text from her boyfriend Raymond.

"Samantha. Had such fun last night. You are so good in bed" yada yada.

Next frame, that message is gone and her phone now says "Raymond has removed a message".

I get the point. Raymond texted the wrong girl, and deleted it, but she read it before it POOFed, and now knows he's cheating on her

But is that possible? Maybe with iPhones, because I sure don't know how to do it with this Android.

IMG_20190430_091205.jpg

The answer is, like Cliff Hanger said "Sometimes". It depends on your phone, their phone, the service provider, the alignment of the planets....

Also, it seems that there are many different answers but the one thing every link I have looked at has said, "once it's read it cannot be deleted" so whoever wrote your comic is wrong.

https://www.google.com/search?q=deleting+texts+after+sending&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS839US839&oq=deleting+textx+after&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9990j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Also, it seems that there are many different answers but the one thing every link I have looked at has said, "once it's read it cannot be deleted" so whoever wrote your comic is wrong.

AND that is also incorrect.

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

Why not just think before you type something you have not thought out?  If you say it you thought it and it belongs to you.:FlagAm:

3 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It can be deleted after it has been read.

I guess it depends on the phone.

You can delete it from your phone but I don't think you can delete it from THEIR phone!

Am I wrong??:unsure:

Archived