SASS Wire Forum

Four Corners Regional - Legends

Phantom, SASS #54973

Thank you for a fun match!

Hurricane/ St. George is a beautiful area

The Range is as good as they get!

The club and volunteers were very nice!!!! ( No one made you feel as though they couldn't give a rip if you were there or not)

Straight forward and a little challenging stages. No just stand there kind of stages!!!!! (Yet very "Clean-able).

A wonderful Awards dinner that served REAL food, and didn't take 4 hours to complete

Great raffle items and unique awards.

If you are looking to go to a new match in 2020, I'd seriously consider putting this one on your short list.

Phantom

35 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

The club and volunteers were very nice!!!! ( No one made you feel as though they couldn't give a rip if you were there or not)

Straight forward and a little challenging stages. No just stand there kind of stages!!!!! (Yet very "Clean-able).

A wonderful Awards dinner that served REAL food, and didn't take 4 hours to complete

If you are looking to go to a new match in 2020, I'd seriously consider putting this one on your short list.

Phantom

I couldn't agree more! Many thanks to all that put that together!! 

Phantom, when I saw your name on the score sheet I was heartbroken that I wasn't able to make it this year.  I love shooting with the Dixie Desperados.  Tons of great people and always great matches. The 4 Corners is on my top 5 list for next year. 

This was a terrific match -- fun and relaxed with great competition! The Dixie Desperados really took good care of the shooters. The stages were clean, fun, and exciting. J.T. Wild was an excellent MC, and the banquet was tasty, short, and rich with prizes and awards. I made a lot of new friends and shared  new memories with old friends.

I thought the schedule flowed nicely -- plenty of shooting without being overwhelming. I took advantage of the short warm-up day to explore the Zion area. I'm still thinking about all the cool stuff that happened last week. Phew!

Keep doing what you're doing, DD! I'll be back next year, and I'll bring some more AZ pards with!

5 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

Phantom,  sorry I missed you. I shot the Wild Bunch match but had to return home Tuesday night.

Yes, I agree with you a nice range, well though out stages, and good people.

I heard your name announced at the banquet...thought maybe they just banned you from dinner.

:P

Sorry I missed ya. See ya at EOT!!!!

Phantom

Adding to the lists above:

1. Targets were far enough out you had to aim to hit them.  There was also very little backscattered lead.
  2. Stages with seldom-used sweeps that were nevertheless very shootable.
  3. Plenty of RV parks and state parks near the range with full hookups for campers.
  4.  New shade structures provided protection from the desert sun.
  5.  BT Blade's posse photos are professional quality.  One can see why he is the official EOT photographer.

My wife had a stunning win on .22 speed rifle and has assumed ownership of a BL-22.  She now wants to specialize in .22 side matches. We will return next year a few days early to get our long-range rifles dialed in for the side matches.

As you can imagine, months of work go into putting on a match like this. Even after the last round goes down range and the Banquet lights are turned off......there’s still more to be done. Kind words and positive comments like these sure mean a lot.  They keep us energized so we can make next years Match even better. On behalf of all of us at the Dixie Desperados......”Thank You!”

On 4/30/2019 at 6:58 AM, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Adding to the lists above:

1. Targets were far enough out you had to aim to hit them.  There was also very little backscattered lead.
  2. Stages with seldom-used sweeps that were nevertheless very shootable.
  3. Plenty of RV parks and state parks near the range with full hookups for campers.
  4.  New shade structures provided protection from the desert sun.
  5.  BT Blade's posse photos are professional quality.  One can see why he is the official EOT photographer.

My wife had a stunning win on .22 speed rifle and has assumed ownership of a BL-22.  She now wants to specialize in .22 side matches. We will return next year a few days early to get our long-range rifles dialed in for the side matches.

Thank you, Pard!  And thanks for the kind words on my photography.  It means a lot.  Please congratulate Doc again for us on her .22 win.  We’ll keep an eye out for both your names next year in the long rage arena!  

• 3 weeks later...

This was our first visit and we will be back in 2020.

Thanks for the great match.

beautiful range, beautiful stages.

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2019 at 2:06 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

Phantom...when and where is the Four Corners Regional in 2020?

Archived