SASS Wire Forum

A Marlin "Dark" rifle?

Hashknife Cowboy

Neat!

That furniture would look great on a stainless gun.  Lever guns are getting more popular as suppressor hosts due to he larger variety of cartridges. 

Maybe more rifles like this and SASS will bring back the "Modern" category.  If my foggy memory serves me right, Modern used to be pistols with adjustable sights (Blackhawks).  You could throw lever guns with rails like the Dark series and the newfangled Henry's in this category too.

I'll stick with a pre-crossbolt safety JM, thanks.

I seen a stainless (looked stainless) 1894 all tricked out with all the tacticool stuff plus a suppressor or silancer in a gunshop in Pierre South Dakota last week.  The price was over $3,000.  

I'm guessing the tricked out lever guns are attractive to folks in areas that can't have semiautomatic guns or detachable magazines.  I've seen on eBay forends for Marlins that are like on ARs with 4 Picatinney rails. (I call them picaninny)  Also, Magpul buttstock.  

Henry ( HRA )

Did that last year .

Good to see Remlins Keeping up with the Jones .

Just sayin 

Rooster 

7 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Why not just buy a regular 336C and paint it black?  Save a lot of money that way.

You still have to install the picatinny rail, the rail specific front and rear sights, and thread the barrel.  Plus the gun is parked instead of blued.  

15 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Henry ( HRA )

Did that last year .

Good to see Remlins Keeping up with the Jones .

Just sayin 

Rooster 

...Mossberg did that before any of 'em. (the whole "tactical" look thing)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

People have been putting this rail system on Marlins for years. Way back when the scout rifle concept came about. Before the XS rail system was available I had a Scout type set up on a 45-70 1895. It was an interesting rifle to shoot. I do believe the new 1-6 scopes are a better option than the Scout scope and mount. 

The black color... well not for me but if helps sell rifles then Paint It Black. 

After seeing how awesome it is to have a secret-black-ops lever action rifle,  I went right out this afternoon and mounted an M-LOk rail on my fishing rod.  

3 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

A 1894 in .38-40  24 inch Oct. Barrel with a Shotgun Butt ....

Only Dreaming, I guess .....

Jabez Cowboy

No problems.  Start with a Cowboy Limited in 44 Magnum or 45 Colt (44WCF are hard to find) and get a liner from TJ Enterprises and reline it. 

A buddy bought a Rosie carbine in 44 Magnum at a dirt cheap price because the barrel had a ring in it. He relined to it to 38WCF. 

Yep I could ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that makes it a very expensive Rifle ....

I don't like Marlins that much ,,,, as to spend far more than my Uberti 66 in .38-40 costs to Remake one I might like to own ....

Jabez Cowboy

1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Yep I could ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that makes it a very expensive Rifle ....

I don't like Marlins that much ,,,, as to spend far more than my Uberti 66 in .38-40 costs to Remake one I might like to own ....

Jabez Cowboy

Your dream didn't say you wanted a cheap one. :rolleyes:

But if you run into one with a damaged bore like my buddy and his Rossi - he had less than $500 in the project.  And it already had a tang sight. 

It will be interesting to see if the Dark Rifle is banned in CA.

Sheep are taught to be terrified of black, plastic, scary looking things like AR15 types, loaded with .223.
I've seen interviews with sheep who are not terrified by a pretty walnut stock, engraved bird gun like a V3 loaded with 8 rounds of #1 buckshot.

22 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

lever.jpg

Definitely has a unique look to it. The more I see it the more I kind of wanna shoot one. I don't think I'd hang one on the wall with the rest of my blued steel and American hardwood but it does look entertaining.  Especially suppressed.

6 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Definitely has a unique look to it. The more I see it the more I kind of wanna shoot one. I don't think I'd hang one on the wall with the rest of my blued steel and American hardwood but it does look entertaining.  Especially suppressed.

https://madpigcustoms.com/lever-action-gunsmithing

Archived