SASS Wire Forum

Taylor's & Co. Open House and Range Day May 10-11

Ramblin Rob

I am thinking about going to the Taylor's & Co. Open House on May 10 in Winchester, VA, but it is about a 5-6 hour drive, one way.  Before investing this much time and energy in this endeavor, I was hoping to get some feedback from folks who have attended. If any of you that have attended are willing to comment, what might I expect to see / do at this event?  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I live 5 hours away and have gone in 2018, 2017 and 2016. 

Expect good prices on their entire line with some good discounts on "ding and dents".  The Cowboy fast draw group will be there with four shooting lanes.  You will be able to try fast draw.  There will also be a mobile shooting range.  For $20 you will be able to shoot 5 guns.  It is a good chance to shoot any of their guns that you might have an interest in.  Last December I shot a couple of Sharps, 1886 Winchester, and a 1911.  And there is a free lunch!

I love their open house! I go both days, get there early on day one, the scratch and dent deals are awesome and the table gets picked through  pretty quickly. I got my main match guns, my pair of stainless 5.5" uberti 58s in my avatar, two years ago for less than $700!

Bummer, just 960 miles away for me:(

The scratch and dent sale has some amazing prices and the guns are not really damaged they were just handled a lot by the public in the showrooms. Regular in-stock firearms are discounted 15% off MSRP. Plus the Taylor's people are very friendly. Winchester is a nice town, spend the night.

I neglected to mention that Taylors is just a few minutes away from the Cork Street Tavern which is in an 1830 building on one of the oldest streets in Old Town Winchester. It has a two page draft beer menu plus good food:     Beer Menu

Church Key

1 hour ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

I neglected to mention that Taylors is just a few minutes away from the Cork Street Tavern which is in an 1830 building on one of the oldest streets in Old Town Winchester. It has a two page draft beer menu plus good food:     Beer Menu

Church Key

Wash the pain of the pending credit card debt away........

10 hours ago, Ramblin Rob said:

Thanks for all of the replies.  Sounds like it is going to be fun.

I guarantee it will be. I'll be there, look for the cowboy in all black with the pair of stainless 58 Remingtons... ;)

1 hour ago, Iron Biscuit SASS#108048 said:

Quick question, is it possible to shoot rifle caliber guns 45 70 etc during the open house or only pistol calibers?

You will be able to shoot all their guns.  I shot two 45-70s last time.

I was there yesterday. I live two and a half hours away. Defiantly worth the trip. Ordered a new rifle. Chawed with Mr. Buzzard and Mr. Boomstick.  

Also went to the open house and purchased a Uberti Stallion Birdshead 38 special from the ding and dent pile.  Got a good deal on a pistol that I wanted.  I ended up driving 295 miles each way from NW North Carolina.  Had a great time.  My wife and I did chat with Boomstick Bruce and others.

2 hours ago, Major B. S. Walker said:

I was there yesterday. I live two and a half hours away. Defiantly worth the trip. Ordered a new rifle. Chawed with Mr. Buzzard and Mr. Boomstick.  

Lots of good people to spend some time talking - and buying. 

On 5/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, Ramblin Rob said:

Also went to the open house and purchased a Uberti Stallion Birdshead 38 special from the ding and dent pile.  Got a good deal on a pistol that I wanted.  I ended up driving 295 miles each way from NW North Carolina.  Had a great time.  My wife and I did chat with Boomstick Bruce and others.

Sounds like the trip was worth it.  Now you need to plan for the Holiday Open House.

Archived