SASS Wire Forum

Trying something new

evil dogooder

It was a good day to try something new. So I tried that squaw grip thing in a match, and I shot half the match with a single shot shotgun.  

One worked better than the other.   I will never be a good two handed shooter. It just feels wrong to me,  and led to my first ever stage dq.  Once the guns were out not an issue but the drawing and holstering would need a lot if work.  Plus plus i kept wanting to grab both guns. 

The single shot was fun.   I even managed to have a couple stages where I had the fastest time while doing it.  A 27 and a 25. Which is pretty good considering I fumbled drawing and holstering too. 

Another cool event today was seeing my wife take 2nd overall.   All in all a fun day

Correction.  Both were 25

53 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

It was a good day to try something new. So I tried that squaw grip thing in a match, and I shot half the match with a single shot shotgun.  

One worked better than the other.   I will never be a good two handed shooter. It just feels wrong to me,  and led to my first ever stage dq.  Once the guns were out not an issue but the drawing and holstering would need a lot if work.  Plus plus i kept wanting to grab both guns. 

The single shot was fun.   I even managed to have a couple stages where I had the fastest time while doing it.  A 27 and a 25. Which is pretty good considering I fumbled drawing and holstering too. 

Another cool event today was seeing my wife take 2nd overall.   All in all a fun day

Where did you shoot?

Tex  the crow river rangers.  A small club we are trying to support.    5 years ago they had over 100 shooters at monthies. Now some matches are under 10

52 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Tex  the crow river rangers.  A small club we are trying to support.    5 years ago they had over 100 shooters at monthies. Now some matches are under 10

Evil,  where are they located?  I've heard of them, but I can't find any location/directions, or contact.

6 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Evil,  where are they located?  I've heard of them, but I can't find any location/directions, or contact.

Near Howard lake.  If you get a hold of riverboat red he can give you the exact address.  If you need I can give you his contact info

Take great care when speaking to Riverboat Red , can be addicting and may wander off of topic badly.        GW

G W just kind of wanders all over too...not sure if he hit his head too many times on an old binder...or if age might be catching up to him...

Archived