SASS Wire Forum

Oliver North OUT!!

Rye Miles #13621

Looks like Oliver North is gone a President of the NRA!

PLEASE NOTE: I EDITED THIS FROM THE PREVIOUS POST THAT WAYNE LAPIERRE WAS IN TROUBLE.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/oliver-north-nra-president-leadership-dispute-longtime-ceo/story?id=62676063

For as many times as the MSM especially the WP, MSNBC or the NYT has been wrong with their stories, I would be hard pressed to believe what they say.  I will wait to hear it from the NRA before I personally would lend any credence to the story. 

4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Ollie is out.......:rolleyes:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/oliver-north-will-not-seek-reelection-as-nra-president-amid-investigation

Wonder now how much he is charging SASS for his speech at EOT. :huh:

OLG

WOW!!!

I was surprised to hear that Oliver North has been a member of NRA for 20 years. Heck, I've been a member longer than that!!! I guess he's out as Prez!

I heard that on the local news but can't find out how long North has been a member of the NRA. I wonder where the local news channel got that info!

11 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Mr Lott's Article is the closest to what is going on.  If one were to review all of Oliver North's past endeavors it could be seen that his behaviors lead to path where he tires to garner either real or perceived power and self importance.  In carefully reading his editorials every month I saw a disruption coming in some form.  The NRA like Team SASS is not about a single individual but is about the group (We), and an ideal, protecting our "Second Amendment Rights" our forefathers felt that this God given right was so vital to us that they enshrined it into one of our founding documents; our "Bill of Rights".  Those closest to an inner circle, will rightly not discuss all the minute details of this, or many internal workings of an organization.  But think about how open the NRA is.  Instead of just making an unexplained announcement that he was stepping down; which they could have done.  The NRA allowed his letter to be read without edit (or redaction) at the largest gathering of NRA members of the year.  Also remember that as a board member for about 20 years having had access to a lot of information.  Why wait until he's President of the organization to bring information forward?

Read the above link article again carefully to see what event(s) precipitated his decision to step down.

Charlie

Archived