SASS Wire Forum

Ian Fleming

Dr. No??

23 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...?  :rolleyes:

We have us a winner!

I can watch that, The Great Race, Mary Poppins, and Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines over and over again.

1 minute ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We have us a winner!

I can watch that, The Great Race, Mary Poppins, and Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines over and over again.

Forty, I likes the way you thinks...!  :lol:

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We have us a winner!

The Great Race is my favorite movie of all time, bar none.

9 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We have us a winner!

Yup!

Adding on, Peter Sellers' "A Shot in the Dark" and the original "Pink Panther" movie

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

It's one of my top three along with the Quiet Man and Donovan's Reef, but there a a lot of others in the wings waiting to be watched again.  

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

:wub:

the-great-race-natalie-wood-1965.jpg

To Have and Have Not; Cassablanca; The Quiet Man; Red River; Strategic Air Command; A Gathering of Eagles.  (Strategic Air Command has some really "sexy" footage....of a B-36 flying through clouds, plus great music.  Jimmy Stewart's acting is, as always, outstanding.)  (While I don't care that much for Rock Hudson's acting in anything, the theme of the movie, command leadership, is something almost out of SAC Manual 35-99...IIRC).

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

While I don't care that much for Rock Hudson's acting in anything,

I don't recall him in that movie. Are you, maybe, thinking about 12 O'Clock High?

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

I don't recall him in that movie. Are you, maybe, thinking about 12 O'Clock High?

That was Gregory Peck. I should have mentioned that as one of my favorites as well!  Dean Jaeger's portrayal of Maj. Harvey Stovall, the Adjutant, was also a great performance! 

Archived