SASS Wire Forum

HRA Henry Repeating Arms has chosen too

Rooster Ron Wayne

For all the Cowboys always saying if only HRA had a loading gate !

Well hear you go.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/26/new-henry-side-gate-cowboy-carbine-review/

Ok, pards we go 2 threads with the same topic.  Anyway as I said in the other one the rifle only holds 5 rounds so I side loading gate would be used a lot in a match.  Maybe we could make the really fast guys use it as a handicap LOL.

4 hours ago, Tequila Chase said:

Ok, pards we go 2 threads with the same topic.  Anyway as I said in the other one the rifle only holds 5 rounds so I side loading gate would be used a lot in a match.  Maybe we could make the really fast guys use it as a handicap LOL.

The new rifles with the side gate aren’t available in regular match pistol calibers yet. 

GG

8 hours ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

The new rifles with the side gate aren’t available in regular match pistol calibers yet. 

GG

If they come out with those, will they need to rename the rifles?  They could call it the Large Boy.

45 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

If they come out with those, will they need to rename the rifles?  They could call it the Large Boy.

or the 'Oh Boy!" :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I never thought the would make a loading gate.

They are basically a Close Clone of a Marlin .

So I figured a loading gate would get them Sewed By Marlin !

Rooster   

A 24-26" bbl in 38-55 would be AWESOME!! Nice start though Henry!  SCJ

I've been telling HRA for the last 3 years that they need make a copy of the 1866 Winchester. They haven't done that yet, but I'm glad they put in the loading gate on some rifles. Now, they need to make some pistol caliber rifles with a loading gate.

3 minutes ago, Lawman Mays said:

I've been telling HRA for the last 3 years that they need make a copy of the 1866 Winchester. They haven't done that yet, but I'm glad they put in the loading gate on some rifles. Now, they need to make some pistol caliber rifles with a loading gate.

If they copy the 1866 in .44WCF AND put a trigger block safety in it; I'll buy 2 immediately.

And IF they chamber one in 32-20 - out comes my credit card

As I mentioned in the other thread HRAC has the ability to make toggle link rifle (their original henry). Now they have a loading gate receiver.  A bit more but a 1866 like or copy rifle would appear to be not far away.  Granted we are small potatoes but think such a rifle might do well even outside SASS circles.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:41 PM, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I never thought the would make a loading gate.

They are basically a Close Clone of a Marlin .

So I figured a loading gate would get them Sewed By Marlin !

Rooster   

I don’t see how. Patents are only good for 17- 20 some years. And a loading gate has been installed on many other rifles. Granted you can sue in this country for any darn thing. Whether it will hold up in court is another thing. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:35 AM, Chuck Steak said:

I dont hate the Henry rifles -  but damn - they are just way to expensive for my tastes for what they have to offer.

Maybe I am just a cheapskate

If you look at the prices of a new 1866 or a 1873 Italian made rifle .

HRA is about in the same price range and under .

Plus it 100% American made !

We just now need to see this setup in Pistol Calibers,

And HRA will have something more appealing to some of The Cowboy Action shooters . 

I personally think HRA is making Great American Made Products  .

So far I have Bought Every One of my Grandsons a Henry Youth Model .22 Leaver Action Rifle,

And a Life Time Membership to the NRA  for the day they was borne :FlagAm:

Rooster 

Archived