SASS Wire Forum

Henry Repeating is now making a side gate gun

LostVaquero

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/side-gate-lever-action/?utm_source=SF-House&utm_campaign=Side Gate Lever Action

Interesting.  They say they got a bunch of requests.  I wonder if this might spill over the rest of the levers as well.  Looks like a decent little gun for rifle caliber long range in 30-30 and 38-55.

Odd this is has both tube loading and a side gate.  I am guessing that was to both tie into their line and also not have to completely re-engineer the thing.

Now a steel receivered side gate 327 BB might also catch my eye.

Wonder if .38/.357, 44-40, .45 Colt will be built in the future?

That's COOL! - peaks my interest more beyond the trusty 22's - hopefully in the 45-70 offering, but do like the 30-30.

Great job Henry Repeating Arms for listening to the needs of what customers are looking for.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I did not see this post .

I just posted the same info .

Good for HRA 

Just Sayin 

Rooster 

What makes we wonder is now HRAC now is making side gates and they already have done toggle link in the Henry copy rifle, it seems not too far a stretch that at this point they could combine the two and voila a 1866 and or 1873. 

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Opinions are like ________.

Looks better than a 92'

You are right, we all have one and  long as it works who cares what it looks like. :P :FlagAm:

7 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Wonder if .38/.357, 44-40, .45 Colt will be built in the future?

I think it's pretty strange that they didn't come with the pistol calibers first!:o

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think it's pretty strange that they didn't come with the pistol calibers first!:o

Not really. I doubt HRA puts much stock in what SASS shooters think. After all, we do a good job of steering new shooters away from Henry Rifles.

39 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Not really. I doubt HRA puts much stock in what SASS shooters think. After all, we do a good job of steering new shooters away from Henry Rifles.

I thought that maybe we were the reason they added a side loading gate.

It doesn't matter how pretty it is or if there is a side loading gate, or even the caliber.  If you read the specs they only hold 5 rounds, so if you want to use it in a match you're going to need that side loading gate.

2 hours ago, Tequila Chase said:

It doesn't matter how pretty it is or if there is a side loading gate, or even the caliber.  If you read the specs they only hold 5 rounds, so if you want to use it in a match you're going to need that side loading gate.

Even if they start putting loading gates on the handgun caliber rifles,  it may not make them run any more reliably.  

5 hours ago, Tequila Chase said:

True but those are long rifle caliber rounds, in pistol the 20in jobs usually spec ten. 

7 hours ago, Tequila Chase said:

That would work for a side match rifle. Pretty sure that you could get 10 in if they built it in pistol caliber, 38/357, .45Colt, 44-40.

16 hours ago, Castalia,SASS#18915 said:

You won't need a fancy screwdriver to clear a jam. Just turn and it's open. I wonder if this will become a legal mod for Winchester and Uberti rifles?

I seriously doubt that.

18 hours ago, LostVaquero said:

What makes we wonder is now HRAC now is making side gates and they already have done toggle link in the Henry copy rifle, it seems not too far a stretch that at this point they could combine the two and voila a 1866 and or 1873. 

;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Don't shoot Cowboy anymore, but I did shoot my HBB today.  Best rifle I have owned.  And yes I had a Longhunter 1873 when I shot cowboy.  Traded the 73 kept the HBB.   :)

5 minutes ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

I would like to own a Henry, I just wish they’d make something pretty.

I have the 1st edition of this rifle. It is mighty pretty 

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/henry-original-deluxe-engraved/

It is a pretty 3,600 dollar rifle great for the wall.  Then you take it down and want to sell it and you may get 1500 if you are lucky. I will keep my original Winchesters and Colts ,shoot them and watch their values continue to rise  . :FlagAm:

12 minutes ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

It is a pretty 3,600 dollar rifle great for the wall.  Then you take it down and want to sell it and you may get 1500 if you are lucky. I will keep my original Winchesters and Colts ,shoot them and watch their values continue to rise  . :FlagAm:

Who gives a crap what it is worth. I will shoot it and enjoy it. this thread is about Henrys....

22 hours ago, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

What are you talking about?  What costs 3,600?  

I myself had been looking to get a Henry 1860 for around 1,800-1,900 but then a Used Uberti fell in my lap for $750. To be honest the only gun right now that you usually won’t lose money on is a Colt SAA, hell I have seen the Cowboys sold for $800-900!  Let the pard buy what he wants and stop being a gun snob!  If you can afford Winchester’s and Colts God Bless you but the rest of us have to start a little lower to what we can afford!  

16 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

What are you talking about?  What costs 3,600?  

I myself had been looking to get a Henry 1860 for around 1,800-1,900 but then a Used Uberti fell in my lap for $750. To be honest the only gun right now that you usually won’t lose money on is a Colt SAA, hell I have seen the Cowboys sold for $800-900!  Let the pard buy what he wants and stop being a gun snob!  If you can afford Winchester’s and Colts God Bless you but the rest of us have to start a little lower to what we can afford!  

Take the time to go back a few posts and click we were talking about the DELUXE MODEL  breath deep breathes. this is just a GAME.;)

I spoke with the Henry folks at the NRA show. They said they are waiting to see how the market responds before going to pistol calibers. I told them that if they would make a 1866/1873/1892 clone and kept it at the same price point they would capture the market.

Archived