Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Great! Now we are going to tick off the aliens.

Recommended Posts

Japan successfully blows crater in an asteroid. 

 

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20190425/p2g/00m/0dm/095000c

 

In many sci-fi stories the first act of “aggression” outside our atmosphere touches off anything from invasion to annihilation....we are doomed! :P 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Japan successfully blows crater in an asteroid. 

 

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20190425/p2g/00m/0dm/095000c

 

In many sci-fi stories the first act of “aggression” outside our atmosphere touches off anything from invasion to annihilation....we are doomed! :P 

Speaking of doomed are you shooting the Cowboys match at Norco on Sunday? If so I’ll get you on our posse.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Speaking of doomed are you shooting the Cowboys match at Norco on Sunday? If so I’ll get you on our posse.

 

:D Yes, I am! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

 

:D Yes, I am! :D

I think you’re covered. See you Sunday.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Japan successfully blows crater in an asteroid. 

 

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20190425/p2g/00m/0dm/095000c

 

In many sci-fi stories the first act of “aggression” outside our atmosphere touches off anything from invasion to annihilation....we are doomed! :P 

Oh, THOSE aliens.  Them I worry about, but the ones from here on our own planet I really WANT to tick off.  Maybe enough so they'll stay home and stop invading us.

 

P. O. O. P!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in the real world, the idea of mining asteroids is moving forward with vigor.  Last year or so, you may recall Space X was able to land a rocket on an asteroid, then take off and land on earth safely.  That mission was R&D for future asteroid mining operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, the aliens would never attack because they love Japanese anime. They're probably the only ones who understand it anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wait a minute!!!

 

I ain't done pissing off everybody on this planet and now you want me to start on the whole Galaxy?

 

Sure do expect much, don't you?

Edited by Smuteye John SASS#24774
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great ... They probably unbalanced it now ... it will begin to spiral and crash into Earth!! :ph34r:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Wait a minute!!!

 

I ain't done pissing off everybody on this planet and now you want me to start on the whole Galaxy?

 

Sure do expect much, don't you?

 

A popular bumper sticker on logging trucks in my area used to say "EARTH FIRST! We'll log the other planets later..."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing was, when they sent the two Voyager probes into outer space Carl Sagan had them install a golden record on each one with sounds of Earth and a map of where in the Solar System we came from. He wanted the probes to include a friendly "hello" from us to any intelligent life forms who might find them thousands of years later. Critics said that we were basically giving away our position to any potentially hostile alien creatures who might come across them. His counter-argument was that with all the radio waves we've given off in the past 100 or so years anything looking for us would already have no trouble finding us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

We must declare a border somewhere. Any aliens coming closer to earth than the orbit of Lagrange L2 outside the orbit of the moon should be considered hostile.

I want to see what the wall is going to look like if we do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Here in the real world, the idea of mining asteroids is moving forward with vigor.  Last year or so, you may recall Space X was able to land a rocket on an asteroid, then take off and land on earth safely.  That mission was R&D for future asteroid mining operations.

 

When was this? I missed it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’d think the Japanese would have learned after Gamera et al.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Here in the real world, the idea of mining asteroids is moving forward with vigor.  Last year or so, you may recall Space X was able to land a rocket on an asteroid, then take off and land on earth safely.  That mission was R&D for future asteroid mining operations.

I don’t think Spacex did that. Yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Funny thing was, when they sent the two Voyager probes into outer space Carl Sagan had them install a golden record on each one with sounds of Earth and a map of where in the Solar System we came from. He wanted the probes to include a friendly "hello" from us to any intelligent life forms who might find them thousands of years later. Critics said that we were basically giving away our position to any potentially hostile alien creatures who might come across them. His counter-argument was that with all the radio waves we've given off in the past 100 or so years anything looking for us would already have no trouble finding us.

V'ger seeks the creator! V'ger seeks the creator! V'ger...  And they killed off Capt. Kirk (although Shatner is scheduled to be at Denver's StarFest this Sunday!) 

Live long and prosper!

Ad Astra!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.